Forums

A couple of tweets from Mr. Musk

A couple of tweets from Mr. Musk

Interesting tweets, I should say:

"Tesla product unveiling on the 17th (unexpected by most), followed by Tesla/SolarCity on the 28th"
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/785138151224446976

"Would also like to correct expectations that Tesla/SolarCity will need to raise equity or corp debt in Q4. Won't be necessary for either."
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/785139055793152000

tes-s | 09. oktober 2016

Yep, been expecting another demand lever.

JeffreyR | 09. oktober 2016

lon Musk‏ @elonmusk
Tesla product unveiling on the 17th (unexpected by most), followed by Tesla/SolarCity on the 28th

carlk | 09. oktober 2016

The second one certainly is good news indicating good cash flow is expected for the next quarter. Let me speculate on the first tweet. It sounds like the Sep.17th product announcement is about Tesla and not Tesla/Solar City it should be about cars not energy. What else it could be other than AP2 hardware suit with level 3 functionality in either new models or offered as a higher cost option? ;)

Tarla's Driver | 09. oktober 2016

It could be a Powerwall update.

Mathew98 | 09. oktober 2016

Powerwall using new dimension would double capacity to 200 kWh. As reported from Electrek.

tigardspaz | 09. oktober 2016

CarlK I think you mean October 17th. No pending stock dilution is good news, and I don't even own stock.

Tesla's energy division is doing well. Maybe better than we know.

I think the autopilot kerfuffel is a distraction and I hope that it doesn't delay my Model ≡.

CarlK I think you mean October 17th. No pending stock dilution is good news, and I don't even own stock.

Tesla's energy division is doing well. Maybe better than we know.

I think the autopilot kerfuffel is a distraction and I hope that it doesn't delay my Model ≡.

Bighorn | 09. oktober 2016

Powerwall will be on the 28rh--I'm thinking car.

AlMc | 09. oktober 2016

@Bighorn: I agree.
New product: AP 2.0
No need for financing: Big preorder, with payment, for a utility scale TE project.

I'm hoping for a vehicle-to-grid device to mitigate demand that EVs will put on the grid as they continue to proliferate. Good grid management is better than building new power plants.

Bighorn | 09. oktober 2016

There was a follow on tweet about probably not raising capital in Q1 either.

tes-s | 09. oktober 2016

No V2G coming from Tesla.

Teetoogrn | 09. oktober 2016

Tesla 4X4 pickup?

jjs | 09. oktober 2016

I'm hoping for 100D. AP 2.0 hardware would be great as well. Give me both, give me both!

Solar City - Could it be the solar roof?

carlk | 09. oktober 2016

@gregcropper

28th's product announcement would be from Tesla Energy but 17th's should be from Tesla Motors.

jordanrichard | 09. oktober 2016

Dare I say that perhaps it's the Model ≡ second reveal...... It certainly isn't expected this early but it's no secret that the design is finished and parts specs have been sent out to suppliers. Just saying.

As for a pick up truck, perhaps. That hasn't been a secret either, but I think they would come out with a CUV version of the M≡ first. Besides, when Elon says a product announcement, that means something that is available or will be in the very near future, like with in a couple of months.

carlk | 09. oktober 2016

Oh I see what you're getting at. I meant first and second tweets not first or second product announcement.

SamO | 09. oktober 2016

Referral incentives end October 15, which means that they are clearing out all older cars. Someone should check a new delivery to see if the secondary hardware for Autopilot 2.0 is being installed.

And V2G is coming with a powerwall in the middle. But later in the month.

Is the announcement a pickup based on the model X platform or will EM announce the model Y based on the Model ≡ platform?

NKYTA | 09. oktober 2016

Oooh! Me want!

EVino | 09. oktober 2016

I'll add my speculation. It will be a 100kWh battery for standard non-P Model S using the 2170 cells. The one-more-thing will be the Model 3 trunk redesign.

Mathew98 | 09. oktober 2016

Fremont factory to double in size and up employment by 50%. How's a million cars capacity not news worthy?

Run4Waffles | 09. oktober 2016

Product announcement - it's a multifunctional companion that's not a "jerk" to please @M98, @renwo and @lil. And no phone number so @BH will need to use a teather.

SO | 09. oktober 2016

Nope. You all are wrong. It will be lighted vanity mirrors and clothes hooks. ;)

Run4Waffles | 09. oktober 2016

@trixiew - a beefy version is available.

Mike83 | 09. oktober 2016

Not good news for the stock shorts. Very happy to hear this.

carlk | 09. oktober 2016

Yes burn all those disgusting shorts. The worst thing that could happen to those shorts is Elon's Sunday morning tweet.

Chunky Jr. | 09. oktober 2016

Model X with non-falcon wing doors?

222 | 09. oktober 2016

It's all a game. The shorts put articles out talking about tesla killers and "AP deaths."
EM tweets about stuff he's doing whenever the stock price drops.
They all seem to play this game every few months to influence the price.

At the end of the day, it's all about the product. The MS is likely the best car on the market and the most liked by it's owners. Built by a company with the most exciting future in the medium term.

I dont care much about the tweets and online articles.
I do care about buying low and selling high.

carlk | 09. oktober 2016

When Tesla report good results, like the record Q3 delivery, many would accuse them of pumping up good news so they could raise more money. Elon wisely tweets this product announcement has nothing to do with raising additional money and need to be taken at its own face value. Besides that there will be no need to raise money this quarter. I think shorts will really get burned this time.

kevin | 09. oktober 2016

Free retrofit rear cupholders for all refresh Model S!

SO | 09. oktober 2016

Why is it when other CEOs hint about an upcoming product, it's a good thing....but when Elon does it, he's "manipulating the stock price"?

PBEndo | 09. oktober 2016

FINALLY! VANITY MIRROR LIGHTS!

222 | 09. oktober 2016

Dont get me wrong. I dont think anything is wrong with it.
Someone has to balance the market against the shorts.

But it is what it is.

carlk | 09. oktober 2016

Shorts or traders may care about whether someone is manipulating the stock price but I just don't care. The only thing that is important to me is whether Tesla will eventually get there. I just believe it will. What it has achieved in the last few years is phenomenal already. Wait until when it reaches the critical mass in the next five to ten years. Nothing in the world would be able to touch it.

That said I'm all for Elon to manipulate the stock price, legally of course, if that could in any way help the eventual success of the company. And like @222 said you have to balance those negative forces. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to slaughter those negative forces.

Ross1 | 10. oktober 2016

New dash beta testing in MS and MX before going mass production in M3.

nick-r | 10. oktober 2016

Whatever it is, I hope that it's something I won't want or need. My wife hopes even more. Tesla has more of my money than I do. Hopefully it will be something useless to me like a Tesla electric nose trimmer or electric suspenders.

JayInJapan | 10. oktober 2016

I wonder if it's the self-plugging charge snake.

Mathew98 | 10. oktober 2016

@Jay - I got a beta version for longerst time. Some might even call me a master!

The flying hippie | 10. oktober 2016

I have it on good authority it's a new electric riding lawnmower with unbelievable square footage capacity!

What's this auto incorrect feature?

bp | 10. oktober 2016

One item could be announcing Tesla's projection that the Model 3 will have more range than the Bolt.

For Model S/X, they will announce 100D and AP 2.0 at some point, and with Tesla's push to unload as much of their inventory as possible by the end of September, this would be good time to introduce a major change to the Model S and X lines.

While it's unlikely Tesla would remove the falcon wing doors from the Model X, one feature that might impact sales would be introduction of folding middle row seats.

And then there's the 8.0 software release... Especially with the Bolt coming out, a major announcement on Tesla's software plans might make sense - fixing the UI problems in 8.0, adding increased smartphone integration (CarPlay, Android Auto), and significantly improving the navigation software (since 8.1 is supposed to automatically enter exit ramps).

carlk | 10. oktober 2016

I don't think as is Elon needs to worry about the Bolt at all. It's not on the same level as the 3 in pretty much every way even if it got as good or somewhat better range than the base 3.

Since it's a product unveiling, we can rule out a feature.

carlk | 10. oktober 2016

And again "unexpected".

New color shorts?

Got-my-@arse-burnt brown.

Spanking rear-end red.

Sam_S | 10. oktober 2016

How about a pickup and now accepting preorders?

That would produce another big spike in backlog.

A truck would be awesome!

rxlawdude | 10. oktober 2016

@Mathew, any auto not a Tesla is incorrect.

martin | 10. oktober 2016

Come on folks,
Stop dreaming and face reality.
The only product announcements making sense to me are new AP hardware, new batteries and least important to me new options for the cars.
Tesla has enough work ahead ramping up production and SC capacity without burdening themselves with yet another product line...
But that is only my opinion of course...

Pages