Forums

Pulled the Trigger

Pulled the Trigger

After waiting years for the release of the X we finally ordered our X. We were going to wait until February, but the free supercharging was incentive to do it now. Another bonus was the fact that the 5 seater just went into production so we couldn't have had the car built any earlier anyway. Additional bonuses with the X updates to hardware as well so pretty stoked on the whole deal. Thanks to all on this forum for all the great info. We spent a lot of time here, elsewhere, and building the car on the website. We were armed with an extensive list of questions and specific items to see and test at the dealer. The MX drives much better than I expected. Although we were set on a 90D we test drove the car in derated 75D mode and it was quick; we will get to experience full 90D performance when we take delivery.

It was interesting to see all the activity at the supercharges over the few hours we spent at the dealership. A lot of really nice personalized cars. Spoke to a couple of owners that had personalized their cars after we finished ordering. One gentleman had put 100k miles on his S in just 2 years. The car looked great. He had the mixed interior and it still looked new. He said the car was still "tight" and drove as well as it did when it was new! Definitely nice to hear. He had nice Zenetti wheels too. Another owner had quite a few Unplugged accessories. Can't wait to go there!

See You at the Supercharger Soon,

Joe

vperl | 22. november 2016

Please give me the name and phone number of the person that told you you would get your model X 5 seater 20 December of this year. Would like to ask him some questions also seeing that he is the only person that I have been told knows all the information necessary to get delivery dates nobody else and Tesla will give delivery dates. So I suggest we all get this guy's phone number and give him a buzz. Don't forget his name plus the all-important phone

michelcub | 23. november 2016

Vperl is your five seater "in production" on your My Tesla page?

vperl | 23. november 2016

Yes for over a week

Silver2K | 23. november 2016

congrats!

ps: Tesla doesn't have dealers :)

Is it not fantastic that Joe_ jet has an inside man at Tesla with the information about who gets the delivery and the date of delivery fantastic, now we need his name and contact information. We all want to know our delivery dates also

Dealers, never liked them, always got a 22 .

lilbean | 23. november 2016

Maybe have a march or a protest. Isn't that the best way to get things done? Snowflakes seem to think so.

burdogg | 23. november 2016

Thats it, I didn't realize I could march and protest. So from now on, when I don't get exactly what I want, I am protesting and marching (maybe even some rioting, I mean that is the way these days right :)

I should start right now - my X has been in production que for 6 weeks! 6 Weeks is way too long to sit and do nothing. I am protesting Tesla now - I deserve a discount - 50% off for the pain and suffering and excess time I am spending on here while I wait. :) Until I see my discount, I am protesting them, I might even start a thread threatening as much - just to warn everyone though, but really to get Tesla's attention that I will not recommend them unless they provide my car with a discount ASAP.

Yes and if you are still in college, you should just walk out of class!

I will have my son walk out of his High School class - that will work won't it :)

I laugh because in my college classes, my teacher could care less if I was there or not - if I passed the test or not. He was there to teach, and give the tests and give out the grades. If I failed, it was my fault :) If I got up and left in middle of class, the teachers also could care less. :)

I laugh because in my college classes, my teacher could care less if I was there or not - if I passed the test or not. He was there to teach, and give the tests and give out the grades. If I failed, it was my fault :) If I got up and left in middle of class, the teachers also could care less. :)

drats - the double post - my mouse sometimes is click happy and does two clicks instead of one - thats it, I have to protest HP now!

Lol!! X 4

Where is, joe_je

Come on information please

PedanticOne | 23. november 2016

Where did you read the bit about the 20th of Dec? I have read and re-read the original post above but ... ???

PedanticOne

Ever heard of to OP ability to delete or edit the OP.

Guess not

PedanticOne | 23. november 2016

Yeah, I've heard of it. Ever heard of just asking a question? i was just curious.

Thanks for the information happy chicken day

Thanks for the information happy chicken day

Boy, lets not be so touchy vperl - I was wondering the same thing from your first statement but then I did think, maybe the op changed it after you called him on it. But I didn't know - you may have been the only one to have seen it before he changed it - hence the honest question for Pedantic :)

Sometimes we need to just be kind and give benefit of the doubt. As lil would say - we are family - and I would add dysfunctional at times :)

Happy Chicken day tomorrow good fortune to all and a great year coming up soon

Thanks vperl :) Enjoy hopefully time off, good food, nice family, and just plain old being lazy relaxing :)

Any one notice he, Joe_jet disappeared.

I have a hint he is uses several user ID.

But, no, that could not ever be the case.

No, that never happens :) Although I don't see it as a negative post per se which just makes me wonder if it is a random poster, or someone that was busy and has not been back to check or what. Who knows.

Sure thing

Silver2K | 24. november 2016

probably not a regular, just wanted to announce his excitement. he posted in another thread also about the purchase

vperl | 24. november 2016

I suppose so you're right I hope

joe_jet | 24. november 2016

Hello

I dont reside here on the tesla x forum. From the looks of it that's probably a good thing as it seems to have made a few of you a little nutty. Haha

RE Delivery Date: I am sure the gentleman who gave me that information hasnt been updated on the latest complex twists and turns of the X delivery date. I highly doubt they would deliver the same model and configuration in any order other than by chronological within region. I havent even confirmed mine yet, just did the order and deposit a few days ago. I expect my build and delivery to realistically be sometime in February which I am perfectly fine with. In fact I'll probably insist on a 2017 build after reading some of the info on that.

You probably will not see me back here for a while until I have some info to offer as I have a life outside this forum. I have to go start cooking my 4 legged turkey now; we like dark meat. haha

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

burdogg | 24. november 2016

Welcome to the family Joe and have a great Thanksgiving :)

vperl | 24. november 2016

ROLF

lilbean | 24. november 2016

Lol Joe! Welcome to your new nutty family! :-) Happy Thanksgiving

Vawlkus | 25. november 2016

Soon it'll be my turn to do the same. Congrats

networx88 | 27. november 2016

I confirmed my MX 75D 5-seater on 11/22. I was told by the showroom that they are trying as hard as they can to get orders delivered by end of year. I had to confirm by 11/25 to have any chance and they are shipping to east coast by truck instead of rail to speed things up. I know nothing is for sure, but I do not think they were lying to try to get the sale.

I got my VIN assigned same day, and everything I can do up to this point is done. I am waiting for the tracking to go from in production queue to in-prod.

Silver2K | 27. november 2016

every time I see the title "Pulled the trigger" I hesitate to click on it

joe_jet | 30. november 2016

confirmed 11/28 VIN assigned, but we requested a February delivery and they told me it would be a 17' so I expect the VIN to change. GF32XXX

PedanticOne | 30. november 2016

How do they tell you the vin was assigned? I confirmed on the 29th, so maybe I'll get mine tomorrow? I also asked for Feb. delivery.

lilbean | 01. desember 2016

They don't tell. You just have to stalk your my tesla page and it magically appears.

vperl | 01. desember 2016

Magic, much like other stuff.

Saxman | 01. desember 2016

Lilbean
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?...asked the Lovin' Spoonfuls. Or are you too young to remember that song?
:)

@saxman. I love that song. It's in the movie "The Parent Trap" :)

@lilbean...bingo

I remember it from the '60s when originally released. It STILL makes me smile whenever I hear it.

Tiny Charles

burdogg | 01. desember 2016

60's? man I was almost 20 years prebirth at that point :)

Haha!

@burdogg

...us Oldies but Goodies!!!

burdogg | 01. desember 2016

Yes, and we need you all around to help balance out the newbies who need to remember some of the old ways - instead of me first and me now, and me deserve :)

Yes!

Whoops, meant ,. Tina Charles

PedanticOne | 01. desember 2016

I'm like a refresh hound with MyTesla, awaiting the glory of my VIN. I thought I was being clever by pushing out my delivery until Feb. Now I realize I'm only causing myself great pain.

Pages