Forums

Curren owner , spot in line question....

Curren owner , spot in line question....

Good evening folks... I am mainly just looking to see if this is going to be the norm, If I may have slipped through the cracks, or its happening to others.
I was told (many times), and communicated by tesla that as a current owner regardless of reservation date I would be placed in front of the general public (non owners).
Of course I look today and I am slated for April 2018-July 2018.
I am a current owner, all be it only for four months, and i reserved as soon as my mytesla account was set up so that It would know i was an owner.

Some of my friends who were early reservations and are NOT owners are sitting in Nov-Dec 2017.

Just wondering if this is common.
thanks

Dsmtesla | 30. juli 2017

No one else buy one somewhat recently and reserve after that? also showing a later than expected date?
thanks

rxlawdude | 30. juli 2017

You didn't say where you are.

burdogg | 30. juli 2017

My dates seem a little off too -

I bought a S Nov 2015.
Reserved 3 online right before reveal started on March 31, 3016
Bought a X Dec 2016

Live in CO and shows :
Dec 2017-Feb 2018
Feb 2018-Apr 2018
Aug - Oct 2018

There are many other owners in same boat as me and they are showing earlier than mine and even living on the East coast. I don't know if they tied my Reservation to my X and therefore put me at the end of the owners line (like you reserved a Model 3 then bought and became an owner like your case?)

Anyway, I emailed them and heard right back that said this:

"I do see your Model 3 linked to your MyTesla account so our system will ping you as a current owner in the priority line. Our delivery timing estimator is still in the works and will be more accurate as our production ramps up"

At the same time, I really question how this whole thing is working, but oh well, as time moves forward and if things don't change and yet those on the east coast still show a whole 1-2 months earlier than me, then I might start asking again :)

Dsmtesla | 30. juli 2017

I am In Iowa... So Central USA.
burdogg, do you mind sharing what email you reached out to them on? Im sure they are getting flooded, but as long as they are willing to answer, im willing to ask.
thank you

burdogg | 30. juli 2017

I just used the contact button at the bottom here and chose the topic as Existing Order or Reservation. The person called me on the phone within 20 minutes! This was yesterday (Saturday) afternoon! I didn't answer - didn't recognize the number. She left a voicemail and then sent me an email as well. So I think they were ready for the influx of questions. Doesn't hurt to reach out and try to get some answers for yourself.

Dsmtesla | 30. juli 2017

Ok... i went ahead and reached out.. thanks burdogg. Im hoping there is an error.

EECS | 30. juli 2017

If its not an error, its most likely due to the location you currently reside in. You have priority over others in Iowa who are non-testa owners. They did say they would start on the west coast and move along towards the east coast.

burdogg | 30. juli 2017

EECS - then why is my delivery timing 1-2 months later than someone on the East Coast? Both current owners and both ordered day 1?

JayInJapan | 30. juli 2017

The estimate thingy (technical term) is a work in progress. It'll get better as production moves away from employees.

EECS | 30. juli 2017

Not sure burdogg, I gave my best guess as to what the problem might be. I did mention if its not an error when I wrote my response.

Dsmtesla | 31. juli 2017

So i reached out and this is the exact copy/paste from Tesla.

We will start deliveries to Tesla owners first, moving from the West coast to the East, and then the general public, west to east. Current owners will receive their cars before the general public.
Best,

So, that makes me feel a bit better, that the people seeing early reservations that ARENT owners, may be in for a very rude surprise.

Scoopok | 31. juli 2017

Previous owner who ordered on Nov 29, 2016. The estimator says Nov. 2017- Ja. 2018 for my RWD!!

Scoopok | 31. juli 2017

Also, I'm Located in Oklahoma.

Dsmtesla | 31. juli 2017

I would think that would be more realistic timeframe from where I would fall too... im holding out hope that the gentleman from tesla was right, in that the algorithm is not working properly right now (at least for some of us).

burdogg | 31. juli 2017

Their algorithm has to be messed up then. I live in CO, reserved March 31, 2016, owner since Nov 2015, and I get Dec-Feb as my date. Not sure how Scoopok gets a month earlier yet reserved way after me? Yes we are both owners, live in same region (if not me being closer even) and yet I should be ahead in line due to date of reservation placed. Oh well, we will see how it all shakes out

flogball00 | 31. juli 2017

I would double check with tesla. im an s owner of a month and ordered a 3 and it said early 2019. I talked to tesla and they noticed that the 3 was linked to a 2nd account under my email. They are fixing it and i should be moved up once thats done. We shall see.