Forums

Spotify account

Spotify account

I am a little confuse about the tesla spotify account. Do I have to use my own spotify account (which is the free version) or there is an account for every tesla ? Thanks

TeslaTap.com | 27. august 2017

I can answer for the US Slacker account - every car gets a free account. I assume that Spotify is handled the same way outside the USA - you get your own unique account with the car.

TheJimBug | 27. august 2017

The car comes with its own Spotify Premium account; but you can log in to your own account in order to bring playlists etc across.

The Premium account is, however, linked to the car - so your basic account will remain a basic account on all devices other than the Tesla.

sunshinechen218 | 17. januar 2019

If you are Spotify free user, you can listen Spotify online, there is no right for you to play Spotify offline or download it. Only premium users can do that. This is why so many users want to upgrade Spotify services. To me, I prefer to use a Spotify Music Converter to convert music to MP3, AAC, etc. After conversion, it will be much convenient for me play Spotify offline without limitation. The most important is there is no need for us to pay for Spotify every month. You can try this program depend on own needs. It is much helpful to me. Check at: https://www.tuneskit.com/music-converter-for-spotify-win.html

michelletsau | 17. januar 2019

How do I get Spotify app on my MX? I am in the US, and I can’t seem to download it.

alexgrindfast | 17. januar 2019

Yeah me to, how you get the app thank you

Annie19900615 | 20. kan 2019

To use Spotify music in the car, you need to get Spotify premium account so that you can get the Spotify Connect feature and listen to Spotify in the car.

If you are using the free Spotify account, there is still a way to make it possible. But you need to download and install AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your computer and then convert Spotify files to USB flash drive so that you can listen to Spotify via Tesla. For more detailed info about this software, you can navigate to AudFree website: https://www.audfree.com/