Forums

Tesla Inc. is sending to Puerto Rico hundreds of its Powerwall battery systems - Bloomberg

Tesla Inc. is sending to Puerto Rico hundreds of its Powerwall battery systems - Bloomberg

Tesla Inc. is sending to Puerto Rico hundreds of its Powerwall battery systems that can be paired with solar panels in an effort to help the battered island territory restore electric power, the company said Thursday. Some of the systems are already there and others are en route ........

Awesome !!

bloomberg DOT com/news/articles/2017-09-28/tesla-is-sending-battery-packs-to-storm-ravaged-puerto-rico

Famman49 | 30. september 2017

Sorely needed! Kudos!

psusi | 02. oktober 2017

Seems like a publicity stunt. Are they giving them away? I doubt that many people there can afford to have a PW + solar installed on a roof that is already likely damaged and needs replaced any time soon, and even if they could, it will still take months to do.

sashton | 02. oktober 2017

It may be partially for PR purposes but it does cast the company in the right light. If it does help only a small group then it is better than doing nothing.
I would rather see one practical gesture like this than a hundred begging emails to sponsor an idiot to perform an inane task for "charity".

blue adept | 07. november 2017

Tesla did it to power the hospital there to ensure that current and new patients would be able to receive the care that they'd need, particularly those injured in the storm.

Not a "publicity stunt", just people doing the right thing for the right reasons, you know, kinda like how Tesla is building zero pollution, renewably fueled, all electric automobiles that are not only comparable to ICE automobiles, but exceed them in performance and safety because, like I've said, it's the right thing to do.

Tesla-David | 07. november 2017

I had a lengthy discussion with Tesla-Energy last week, to find out why no action on my Powerwall-2 installation, as I have been in cue for more than one year with no action. They indicated that all Powerwall installations have been halted until January, as all their resources are being diverted to Puerto Rico. I support that effort, but am profoundly disappointed that they are not keeping their customers in the loop on what is going on.

Borsh | 17. november 2017

psusi : not a publicity stunt. consider it "the right thing to do". I hardly think all of the PW's that are headed to PR are being paid for by the average consumer, if at all. They are going to power the grid thru solar installations to allow people to at least have power back in their homes.

Tesla-David : I learned from my Tesla Mktg rep that my solar / PW2 installation will be delayed "probably into January" as well. This was only when I prompted him with the question as to expected install date. As good as Tesla is you've still got to go with the "trust but verify" philosophy in my opinion. If you want to know the answer to any question you've got to first ask the question. As knowledgeable as these folks are they are juggling many balls at once. Not that they are withholding info but they are stretched just like most other industries and companies today. Do more, faster and more efficiently, with less.