Forums

Autopilot on new Roadster

Autopilot on new Roadster

I don't it has been mentioned anywhere whether the new Roadster would have Autopilot, has anyone seen anything?
It wasn't in the presentation, nor on the website or any tweets. It seems impossible that it wouldn't, but I didn't see any cameras on the prototype either (I know it isn't the finished car).

At the very least, I would have expected a one-liner in the specs.

NB

carlk | 23. november 2017

I assume it will be on every Tesla car. Even the Semi has it.

nogbadthebad | 23. november 2017

But they did explicitly refer to it in the Semi launch, and model 3 as well. That's why I was so surprised it wasn't mentioned in the reveal.

inconel | 23. november 2017

It is Tesla halo car, of course it will have it. Maybe it is such a given that Tesla did not think necessary to mention.

Dreamknightmanga | 23. november 2017

I called in about this and there isn't anything official about the specs. The person on the phone said that they saw cameras- or what they thought were cameras. It's kind of weird because would anyone use it in that car? Probably not often, but it should be included.

Tropopause | 24. november 2017

Of course drivers would use it on road trips. Unlike traditional supercars, the Tesla Roadster can actually accommodate road trips and daily driving both in practicality and reliability. Try that in an Italian car.

Roamer@AZ USA | 27. november 2017

I will use it most of the time.

viper2c2 | 06. desember 2017

It'll have to have cameras since it has no side mirrors. By then those cameras would easily be able to do double duty for autopilot. Probably one of the upgrades will be full autopilot vice Model S/X autopilot 1 capability of lane keeping and collision avoidance, which I find quite adequate for long trips.

Silver2K | 08. desember 2017

Of course it will have autopilot! Its like asking "will it have automatic windshield wipers?" Pffffff get real!

inconel | 08. desember 2017

You mean rain-sensing wipers? Ouch!

Roamer@AZ USA | 13. desember 2017

At 250 miles an hour they may also be bug-sensing....

Tropopause | 15. desember 2017

Might be a maximum speed limitation on the wipers like in jets.