Forums

Hang Out Thread

Hang Out Thread

This is the official BS hang out thread :) There are times you just want to talk, or say what is up, or just connect with other X owners on a level other than just the X. We used to do this on Silvers Referral thread, but that got flagged away, and I miss my space to BS with others and have some fun.

So come and enjoy and share your fun times with us all.

If there are several that think this is wasting space, please speak up and we can discuss removing it too. I don't want to create a problem with others that feel it should not be here, but as there are not 20 new posts each day on this X side (at least not yet) I didn't see the harm of having a hang out post.

Again, please if you think this should disappear, I will delete it. I just miss having places to not detract from others posts but yet connect with other owners and have fun :)

lilbean | 20. kan 2018

People are losing their minds on the Model 3 forum because of an email they got. There are several threads on the same topic.

Triggerplz | 20. kan 2018

I don't do Model 3 forums

lilbean | 20. kan 2018

Good. You shouldn't. Lots of whining, crying, bitching and moaning.

Triggerplz | 20. kan 2018

wow, That sounds like the movie 50 shades of Grey :-)

jjgunn | 20. kan 2018

I know they're upset & some of the peeps in WA have a legit gripe because they're losing out on a few thousand in tax rebate. It sucks but like I said in another thread....They'll never please all of the people all of the time.

There isn't an easy solution but Tesla is doing the right thing holding off 200,000 until after July 1st.

lilbean | 20. kan 2018

What did people do before the government handout??

Silver2K | 21. kan 2018

you mean in the 1800's? always been government handouts :)

lilbean | 21. kan 2018

I don't know. I'm not that old. :)

Solarman004 | 21. kan 2018

Trigger, I have to flag you on accuracy. The correct title is "Fifty Shades of Midnight Silver." And by the way, it costs an extra $1000 to get in the theater to see it.

Triggerplz | 21. kan 2018

lol

Vawlkus | 23. kan 2018

Bleh. Took my X in for its first service and got stuck with a smelly ICE thing. It’s called a Dodge Durango, and it’s more annoying to drive than an 8 seater van is. -.-

TabascoGuy | 23. kan 2018

Burdogg's getting really close to capping someone in another thread...

Just breathe deep old friend... Close your eyes... In... Out...

burdogg | 23. kan 2018

I am trying, trying real hard, must be time to take a break :)

Silver2K | 23. kan 2018

How does Dogg busy caps? Type an extra 3 paragraphs? I know that would do it for me. :)

Check out the efficiency on my car :)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AihnWpuO55swh_pZtlFu7Cqjgthw8A

Silver2K | 23. kan 2018

Bust

Silver2K | 23. kan 2018

Which thread Tabasco? Link?

Silver2K | 23. kan 2018

Did they do an efficiency time up on our cars? Numbers are maintained real well

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AihnWpuO55swh_pa_3TP3_c13tgqTw

Silver2K | 23. kan 2018

Time up/ update

TabascoGuy | 24. kan 2018

Sorry Silver, can't find it now but someone over on the 3 forum was pushing buttons...

It's getting hard to keep up over there.

TabascoGuy | 24. kan 2018

I thought it was the thread about SC costs being the same a gas but that doesn't look like it.

Do you remember which one it was burdogg?

burdogg | 24. kan 2018

I don't there are a couple of them and even more today - good thing I don't have much hair left, because I have about pulled it all out now.

The SC cost one was actually a good thread - I thought - some that want to jump down the ops throat, but he had good points and I did the math to confirm some of it.

But just now it is this thread and my ongoing battle with phil:
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/arrogance-problem

burdogg | 24. kan 2018

I can't find it - I am pretty sure it was the autopilot not being safe by wangdustin something like that. I think it either got flagged away, op deleted it, or Tesla got rid of it, but it is no where to be found.

lilbean | 24. kan 2018

Someone is upset that the door won't open with the fob. LOL. I paid extra for that. In glad they aren't giving it away for free! Heehee!

Triggerplz | 24. kan 2018

@Lilbean hell with that somebody quoted verpi idiot ass :)

TabascoGuy | 25. kan 2018

The guy getting on burdogg's last nerve was arguing about people that don't know how to drive using autopilot. He said something like what it AP was driving toward a hazard and not being able to recover because you've never had to do something like that before.

Really?

Some people don't deserve to drive (or breathe).

burdogg | 25. kan 2018

I have a couple getting on my nerve lately - I must be getting older :)))

I just went off again on the "Is arrogance the problem" thread: https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/arrogance-problem

Here is what I said, I am tired of those that think the forum is their platform to dis everything Tesla:
My last post from there:
Calvin940 - that is the problem around here, many fail to read the opening statement by Tesla about the purpose of these forums:
"Tesla’s forum provides an online meeting space for owners and enthusiasts to exchange ideas that are entertaining, helpful and useful"

owners and enthusiast to exchange ideas - not debbie downers who tell us all Tesla is doomed to fail.

Now of course, there is useful info that is not all roses - like my car won't unlock when I walk up to it - is anyone elses phone having issues?

Or Tesla service was really rude, is this normal?

I had some major wind noise on delivery - is this something they can take care of?

You see, those are questions seeking help or answers.

Instead what we get is people seeking for agreement with their hate, as opposed to seeking help...

Tesla just screwed me over with delaying my vehicle, this is the worse company...Really people - what are you seeking for with this on a Tesla forum board? You definitely aren't here seeking help - just seeking to show how pissed off you are - but you are in the wrong place - Tesla doesn't see it, only the enthusiast and owners who don't agree...

I could go on, and will surely get flamed by many for stating what I have, but I have just stated from Tesla the point of this forum - and most owners do NOT jump down your throat when you have issues and come here seeking help or solutions or even support (you know, come here and say, crap, I was so excited to get my car in the next two weeks and just got an email saying it won't be until July. I am so bummed, was really hoping to join the fun and be an owner with you all. I guess I will just have to live vicariously through you until they get my car built...) See, sad, disappointed, but understanding and just seeking comfort. Not blaming and cursing and saying this company is the worse and lies, full of greed, don't care about us, treat us like dirt, we are second class, etc....

Rant over.

TabascoGuy | 25. kan 2018

LOL - maybe I shouldn't have said that guy was getting on your LAST nerve! Apparently you still have a few more that hadn't been stepped on yet.

Seriously, I couldn't agree with you more and I really appreciate it when you don't let BS fly. Keep up the good work sir!

lilbean | 25. kan 2018

Here was my response on another thread:
lilbean | May 25, 2018
This is unbelievable. Truly heartbreaking situation indeed. You should definitely cancel and not give them any more of your money. To be disrespected like that is so inhumane. To be told you will get your car in six weeks and you have to wait?! It is just too heartbreaking to even think about. I’m tearing up just thinking about it. How can this happen? What kind of sick world do we live in? What an atrocity. This makes me lose hope for all mankind and the planet. A definite sign that the world is coming to an end. Brace yourselves everyone.

burdogg | 25. kan 2018

Yeah, I saw that one too :)

These people that feel they are doing a "service" to ward off all the "fanboi's" to provide Tesla critical feedback are hilarious. These feedback people don't even own the car... :)

lilbean | 25. kan 2018

Anyone who calls people fanboi is a troll.

burdogg | 25. kan 2018

I find Tesla's statement on the purpose of the forums very interesting - I am going to start using that more and more when people don't comply - I will just merely say, your post does not belong her per Tesla's policy (and then state the policy)

lilbean | 25. kan 2018

Great idea!!

bob | 25. kan 2018

I find it easier to stay in the MX silo. Ocassionally I’ll wander over to see what’s going on in the MS forums. Every time I’ve gone into the M3 forums I’ve regretted it.

lilbean | 25. kan 2018

A bunch of sensitive Sallys over there.

Triggerplz | 26. kan 2018

Did anyone hear about a 5 million dollar settlement with Tesla owners who paid for autopilot with a payout of between $20 and $280 to each owner

lilbean | 26. kan 2018

Yes. I want my money. :)

lilbean | 26. kan 2018

And you guys thought I was crazy because i thought it didn't work! Ha!

lol

Is there a thread about it? I musta missed it if so

lilbean | 26. kan 2018

I just went to the store in my Model 3. I pressed on the brake twice and my door wouldn’t close! #spoiled

burdogg | 26. kan 2018

lilbean - your autopilot is not covered in this :) So you don't get nothing and it has nothing to do with it working or not ;)

What it has to do is that time period when they sold vehicles, but EAP was not functioning, and many felt mislead by the company... Here is the exact ones that are in the class:

"Enhanced Autopilot between October 2016 and September 2017 will be eligible receive between $20 and $280 in compensation"

Because it took them so long to get the product stable. Obviously they can prove somehow that after Sept 2017, the product was back to working as good as the original - which was the problem - many bought EAP with the idea it was just as good or better than AP - only to realize they took a major step backward and in fact, paid more for that step backward :)

lilbean | 26. kan 2018

Ah hell naw!

burdogg | 26. kan 2018

Sorry bean :)

burdogg | 26. kan 2018

As I read - Tesla settlement was only admitting that it was delayed getting out.

bob | 26. kan 2018

Yep. Took delivery in sept. I’m entitled to $20... wonder what I should spend that on?

jjgunn | 26. kan 2018

$20 in SuCh on your M3?

Go over to the M3 forum. It's fun!

lilbean | 26. kan 2018

Thanks, burdogg. :)

@burdogg the bearer of bad news you mean I won't get my whole $20 as expected
Aww Hell Naw

@bob bet that $20 on Burdogg's Arizona Cardinals to win the next super bowl, odds are probably 3000 to 1, your winnings will be enough to buy a little somin somin :-)

burdogg | 26. kan 2018

hey, that might be worth it :) You never know, the Cardinals either completely surprise you, or completely live up to our expectations (although I should say, those expectations have been changing over the last several years :)

Pages