I'll try to keep my story short. Stood in line in Austin, TX with 3 other friends, camped out overnight, we were the 1st four in line. We are all non-owners, configured on 2/22/18. The first of us received delivery of a White/19" on 3/27, and the other two received delivery of their White/18" and MSM/18" on 4/17. My car (a White/18") was supposed to arrive in Austin on 4/19, and I had a scheduled delivery for 4/21.
They called me on 4/19 though, with some bad news. The truck driver damaged the car during transport, and rather than fix the car, they would try to find me a new car with my config. I told them that I sold my car to coincide with my delivery date, and didn't have any transportation, and requested a loaner, which they happily obliged (P85D). I saw my car at the SC when I picked up the loaner, and there was a huge crack from the roof to the bottom of the rear windshield. The loaner experience has really helped ease the pain, but I still don't have an ETA on when I can expect a new VIN, or what the plan is. I contacted my ISA yesterday, who said he is out of the loop as well, but had heard that they might "try and repair [my] vehicle in the meantime to see if the parts come in and everything. Otherwise they are waiting for a vehicle with [my] configuration to arrive to assign to [me] and deliver to [me] ASAP."
So what would you do in my situation if they tried to assign my old car that has been 'repaired'? Would you push for a new car instead? Or just take a repaired one? Also keep in mind that because I am in TX, I fully paid the car (cash) before they could load up the car onto the truck from CA to TX, so Tesla has essentially had an interest free loan from me of $59,772.25 since 4/6/18.