Forums

Where do you get majority of your news from?

Where do you get majority of your news from?

With so much poor journalism / news agencies out there, I’m curious, where/who do you rely on for accurate news/information?

SCCRENDO | September 21, 2018

Everywhere including Fox. And it is quite obvious that Fox exists in a different universe to everyone else, both national and international. It is interesting to see that when bad news about Trump surfaces and makes headlines Fox usually buries it and leads with some Hillary or FBI conspiracy theory.

PrescottRichard | September 21, 2018

The News App on iOS brings me everything, left to right, up and down! We watch local PBS news station, PBS and BBC. Some accuse these sources of leaning left, and I can see where they do at times but they challenge the left at times just as the right.

On the News app I avoid ‘opinion’ pieces, Fox is pretty good about labeling them that way, others not so much. Even so, an opinion with sources is prettty useful. I wish I could have the Think Progress people argue with The American Spectator people.

finman100 | September 21, 2018

comedy central

PrescottRichard | September 21, 2018

YES! Finman100, me to, well- until CC and CableOne had a falling out. I guess it’s Viacom and CableOne.

Still, TG South Park and The Daily Show are still viewable to us.

RedShift | September 21, 2018

PBS. I watched Fox a few times. They are no good. However, there are even worse things. Like Alex Jones.

sbeggs | September 21, 2018

YouTube and CNBC

TabascoGuy | September 21, 2018

Jimmy and Seth

rxlawdude | September 21, 2018

CNN, Fox "News" and occasionally BBC and NPR.

David N | September 21, 2018

As a side note concerning journalism and news reporting, We have a very close friend of my son, currently serving in the Marines. They just finished an exchange Marine type of thing with England. I asked how the British Marine was here in America, the Brit was a bit taken back by how friendly all the Americans he ran into were. When asked why he was taken back he commented that if you watch the news in England you'd swear all Americans are angry, in turmoil, upset and mean to not only visitors but also to each other.
I guess poor journalism extends far and wide, even across the pond.

NKYTA | September 21, 2018

John Oliver, CNN, ABC news on Slacker.

But mostly HackerNews ;-)

Xerogas | September 21, 2018

These forums, and reddit

dmm1240 | September 22, 2018

NYT, The Atlantic, MSNBC, CNN, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, Time Magazine, Washington Post, AP, Apple News Feed, Rolling Stone, The Nation, Reuters, BBC, CBS News, PBS. Have subscriptions/access to all. No Facebook, very little Twitter. I look at Twitter maybe 1-2 times a week, 86ed Facebook over a year ago. Don't listen to talk radio at all.

Madatgascar | September 22, 2018

@dmm sounds about right. You have to look at a fair number of sources to piece together WTF actually happened. I remember when the US news was held to high editorial standards. These days you need to look at the foreign press as well.

Madatgascar | September 22, 2018

I do throw in Fox as well. Sometimes the way they dance around the facts gives me a clue as to what the facts are.

Diana.at.TeslaChick | September 22, 2018

Regarding Tesla:

Electrek.co - there is a great journalist named Frederick Lambert that is really in-the-know about what's going on with Tesla!

Teslarati.com - there is a great journalist there named Simon Alvarez that doesn't miss much!

Tesla Daily Podcast - Rob Maurer is extremely sharp and has a lot of followers feeding him info. He doesn't always get the podcast out before my drive to work in the morning, but I've learned so much from him - about Tesla and the stock!

For general news (sans Tesla) - CNBC is really the best (both on TV and Slacker) - because they are reporting on the money side of things, they really are constrained by truth much of the time (but not when it comes to Tesla-as there, the money is on market manipulation in a big way and these guys are no experts on automotive, living in NYC where nobody drives like here in California). I have noticed many trends and crises predicted and though they sometimes give air to click-bait guests or miss asking the good questions, they typically have enough of an array of well-informed guests that you can form your own conclusions (except with Tesla, which again, the news is dominated by the haters and the misinformed and the just plain stupid).

Also you can check out my posts at TeslaChick - I'm on all the social media posting opinions and Call Options analysis and crap that people are probably sick of, lol

Twitter: @teslachick
Facebook: TeslaChick
Instagram: teslachick_net
Pinterest
Tumblr
etc. (I don't even remember my handles on all these - just check the links on TeslaChick.xyz

!

Diana.at.TeslaChick | September 22, 2018

Regarding Tesla:

Electrek.co - there is a great journalist named Frederick Lambert that is really in-the-know about what's going on with Tesla!

Teslarati.com - there is a great journalist there named Simon Alvarez that doesn't miss much!

Tesla Daily Podcast - Rob Maurer is extremely sharp and has a lot of followers feeding him info. He doesn't always get the podcast out before my drive to work in the morning, but I've learned so much from him - about Tesla and the stock!

For general news (sans Tesla) - CNBC is really the best (both on TV and Slacker) - because they are reporting on the money side of things, they really are constrained by truth much of the time (but not when it comes to Tesla-as there, the money is on market manipulation in a big way and these guys are no experts on automotive, living in NYC where nobody drives like here in California). I have noticed many trends and crises predicted and though they sometimes give air to click-bait guests or miss asking the good questions, they typically have enough of an array of well-informed guests that you can form your own conclusions (except with Tesla, which again, the news is dominated by the haters and the misinformed and the just plain stupid).

Also you can check out my posts at TeslaChick - I'm on all the social media posting opinions and Call Options analysis and crap that people are probably sick of, lol

Twitter: @teslachick
Facebook: TeslaChick
Instagram: teslachick_net
Pinterest
Tumblr
etc. (I don't even remember my handles on all these - just check the links on TeslaChick.xyz

!

NOLEK SUM | September 22, 2018

WSJ, NYT, and The Economist.

Ross1 | September 22, 2018

If I revealed my sources to you I would haf to kill you.