Forums

Software Update

Software Update

V9.0 (2019.32.2.1) installed tonight. Nice new feature allows me to choose which wheels are on my car in the settings / service menu. Arachnids in the summer, factory 19’s for the winter. All factory wheel choices are available to select from. Supposed to update car graphics & computer computations.

jalilj | September 14, 2019

Would have been nice if the car was actually on the latest software version when I picked it up at the factory yesterday.... Fresh off the line, they said "it was on the latest" she also said "drive the the service center and they can install and set up homelink, it costs 150 or so... I looked like a turkey and wasted a bunch of time going over there.

MilesMD88 | September 14, 2019

@jalilj
Huh..what are you bitching about? You probably had the latest software yesterday, today is a new day. Enjoy your Tesla, lose the attitude. Life is to short.

MilesMD88 | September 14, 2019

@jalilj
Huh..what are you bitching about? You probably had the latest software yesterday, today is a new day. Enjoy your Tesla, lose the attitude. Life is too short.

tes-s | September 15, 2019

V9?? Didn't Elon tweet they were hoping for wide release of V10 by the end of August?

Soon.

EVRider | September 15, 2019

@jalilj: If you have a Model 3, HomeLink is $300. If you have a Model S, HomeLink is included. What’s the $150 for?

thranx | September 15, 2019

@EVRider; $150 only opens the garage door halfway.

barrykmd | September 15, 2019

thranx - left or right half?

EVRider | September 16, 2019

While we’re talking about software updates (sort of), I noticed something new in my S yesterday. I had 2019.32.1 installed, and when I got in my car after eating out, there was a yellow download icon that I had never seen before on the status bar (down arrow with a line underneath). When I touched it, it brought up the Controls > Software, which showed that I had an update available, and I should connect to WiFi to download it.

When I got home and my car was back on WiFi, the download icon turned green, and Controls > Software showed the download in progress, with a green progress bar. I didn’t wait for the download to finish, but a little while later I got the notification that the update was ready to install, so I installed it (2019.32.2.2).

I guess the most surprising thing about this was the request to connect to WiFi, because that has never been a requirement before (I still have Premium Connectivity).

Anthony J. Parisio | September 16, 2019

MilesMD88 +1

PrescottRichard | September 16, 2019

EV- I wonder if that’s new? I have to admit, I’m not good about noticing new things up there.

EVRider | September 16, 2019

@PrescottRichard: It's new to me, and I don't recall anyone else mentioning it. I guess you would only get that icon if your car got notified of an update and you weren't on WiFi at the time, but I didn't think Tesla was requiring WiFi for regular updates except for people without Premium Connectivity.

thranx | September 16, 2019

@barrykmd: can't say personally. My garage door is dimensionally-challenged.

Bighorn | September 16, 2019

The FW icon is new. Downloads are preferentially done on Wifi for awhile now.