Just had a call from Sales team in Amsterdam who called me up in the Uk. I had sent some queries yesterday to the email address given by another sales reps auto reply (sales rep who had been in touch with me earlier was on leave). Not sure why I got the call from Amsterdam instead of the UK.
Anyway was shocked to hear that even if I make a preorder booking today, my estimated date of delivery would be end of 2016. Yes i asked the date again and was clearly told that for orders placed now for the model X the earliest estimated date of delivery would be end of 2016!!!
Wanted a 7 seater preferably the model X due to expected presence of 360 cameras (Nvidia P drive and C drive systems). Was earlier interested in the model s 70D, but no longer interested after reading about the user story on tesla website which says customer who had accident at 20 miles per hour in Plano Texas and both children in the boot 3rd row bumped themselves (guess against the glass) and they were only 6 and 8y old even though tesla state the seats are suited upto 10y old. So even though in past have heard that Elon has stated that the boot seats are the safest, I think they are the worst as if undersized kids get bumped at 20 miles per hour then it isnt really a safe option for my child in any circumstances. Good i saw that story on the tesla website and decided to not order the model S and wait for the model X instead. See the story here http://www.teslamotors.com/en_GB/customer-stories/how-safe-model-s
Just a few queries that I have and hope some one here can answer them as even Tesla reps dont seem to know the answers for these and information on tesla website about specs is pretty basic at best.
1. Does anyone know if the new tesla model S 70D has the cameras on all 4 sides even if not activated yet or is it a feature expected only on model X
2. Are there power ports for the back seat for charging phones etc I dont mean a usb port I mean a proper cigarette lighter type port which can be used for charging tablets etc faster and any similar power outlets in both the boots to use to power car fridges. Most other manufacturers now have power and lighting options in the boot and back seat.
3. Is there any metal loops in the boots that can be used for securing straps to items in the boot like luggage or car fridges etc. Car fridges can be bought for next to nothing now a days so would be disappointed if there werent options to use them in this expensive car.
4. Has anyone tried using music apps like google music and deezer via the browser a deezer doesnt seem to be an option in the car.
5. If i use an SUV tent attachment, can the car when in park or neutral mode be used for AC climate control of the tent attachment with the boot hatch open and be charged at the same time from power outlets at camping sites. Remember reading somewhere that cant be charged while in neutral and AC is being used or am i wrong on this one.
6. Any UK users, i want your opinions on driving this wide car on the usually narrow UK roads and small parking spaces, have you had major problems due to the size of the car parking or driving in smaller cities.
7. Even major insurers like Admiralwhose multicar insurance policies are very competetive dont have many of the various tesla versions on their systems and was told would need special quotes from underwriters for the tesla car. ANy ideas about average insurance costs etc for this car and servicing costs. How long is the down time during service. Do you get courtesy car during service. How much do service plans costs in the UK.
8. Any websites or smartphone apps that UK users can recommend for find alternate charger points as other than London there seem to be very few super chargers.
9. The UK grant is 5k for cars but 8k for electric vans! Any ideas if the model X would be classed as a van or car :)
10. Has anyone had any luck trying for additional grants available for street side chargers to be installed. They are mentioned on govt docs.