OK, simple: I need wheels. I ordered Model X, won't come for another 6..9..12.. something months.
I have seen two second hand Roadsters for sale, one 2010 Roaster Sport Signature (beautiful), at 60k$, and another yellow, also 60k$. Not really able to justify keeping both (parking space constraints) - but I'd live to get a Roadster at least until the MX arrives. I might even get used to it, fun little car.
OK, I know - no supercharging. Even if I did the battery upgrade. Bummer.
Question is ... is it very risky getting a Roadster, might I be stuck with it and not be able to resell in a years' time. If I decide not to keep it, that is. A bit over the top for my eldest son when he'll start driving. Not sure my wife would be very excited either... who knows.
I've got my charging sorted out for the Model X, three phase 230VAC, 20A, Mennekes Type 2 EVSE. Roadster is different, right? Well I have a CEE32 outlet at hand, limited to 20A, so 14kW.
What would you do? I'm sure you love your Roadsters... What should I be careful about? HV battery issues if not used for long?