Submitted by William9 on Thu, 2012-01-12 09:30
I am fortunate to have a low P number (83) and have been told that early summer is when I should expect availability. My concern is that that is only 6 months away and other than my $5,000 I have had very little specific interaction with Tesla regarding the process. When I have bought high-end cars in the past the process usually starts well before the 6 month mark. Here are my specific concerns:
1. While colors swatches are available, at what point can I actually see the colors on physical cars?
2. I have yet to have had any quality time sitting/test driving an S. When will that become available on an individual on-on-one basis?
3. Many details of the options are unknown, discussed in other threads. When will they be resolved?
4. I'm a freak of nature in that I truly love reading manuals. My Mercedes S-Class's manual is 750 pages and I read it cover-to-cover a couple of times prior to taking delivery on my car (via PDF documents.) When do you suppose the official Manual will be available?
5. I did inquire as to payment terms and was told step 2 (deposit being step 1) would be to sign a purchase contract. Payment (step 3) would be upon delivery. The above questions would have to be answered well before that step would be taken
6. Where can delivery be arranged? The Fremont factory? Or must it be at a sales office? Since I've never been to a an actual Tesla location (none very convenient to where I live) am I given a choice?
7. Would sure be nice to get details on the SuperCharging network. Need to plan my first trip!
8. Can there be any involvement on my part once my S goes into production?
Waiting is bad enough! Waiting in the dark verges on being intolerable.