Forums

Taxes and Fees

Taxes and Fees

Does anyone know if they'll include taxes and fees in the total invoice to be paid at Delivery? I live in Delaware and am picking up in Pennsylvania and my account does not indicate that it's included at the moment? Waiting for a call back, but I want to jump on this issue right away.

miltymoots | 20 juli 2018

Tesla just updated a bunch of waiting accounts pages to include taxes information. Yours will change I presume when you get closer

cprzywarty | 20 juli 2018

Typically when buying a car out of state you pay everything but state tax, you will receive the car with an intransit registration paper you tape to back window which is usually good for ~30days

When in your state take it to AAA and get it registered and pay the full state tax to them when licensed and registered for your state.

Im from PA to. This is how it worked when I bought my 2005 ford escape hybrid from michigan and drove back to PA with it 13 years ago. I assume it is the same process.

Hope this helps.

Clifford P.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

gballant4570 | 20 juli 2018

My estimated taxes and fees appeared today in my "payment method" section. Interestingly, the number is exactly what the sales tax will be in my state. Titling/registration fees that are normally tacked on by car dealers were not added. I am wondering if that stuff (usually a couple hundred) are part of the $1000 destination/doc fee.

My estimated taxes and fees appeared today in my "payment method" section. Interestingly, the number is exactly what the sales tax will be in my state. Titling/registration fees that are normally tacked on by car dealers were not added. I am wondering if that stuff (usually a couple hundred) are part of the $1000 destination/doc fee.

Resrch03 | 20 juli 2018

That's interesting. The taxes that I show in mine (which just appeared along with the confirmations) aren't anywhere close to what I estimated for my state (CO) tax, so I'm not sure what to think. At this point I'm guessing, as cprzywarty suggested, that I'll pay a bunch more when I go to the DMV.

My taxes and fees in the Payment Method section got changed once more, increasing by $287. That looks a lot like the tags & title charges that might be expected.

The updates are continuing. Perhaps there is an input and then a checking process....

two9er | 20 juli 2018

@Resrch03 My summary shows a perfect 2.9% CO tax. More tax to be paid in the jurisdiction where you register the car is my guess...

Est Amount Due
Vehicle Configuration
$55,000.00
Taxes & Fees
$1,595.01
Payments
-$3,500.00
Est Amount Due $53,095.01

gmkellogg | 20 juli 2018

@two9er interesting to compared to my own state. My vehicle price is the same 55K, but my taxes and fees are significantly higher.

Vehicle Total
$55,000.00
Vehicle Price
$54,000.00
Destination & Doc Fee
$1,000.00
Est. Sales Tax
$3,850.00
Est. Reg/DMV Fees
$680.00

I like the way things are detailed. Should eliminate problems with knowing what is due upon delivery.

Build Total
$59.000.00
Vehicle Price incl. destination & doc fee
$60,000.00
Sales Tax
$3600.00
Title.Registration Fees
$287.00
Payments
$3500.00
Due at Delivery
$60,387.00

Resrch03 | 20 juli 2018

Yep. Thanks. My mistake. I was including county and city in my head.

freyjr98 | 17 april 2019

@two9er So you did not have a Destination fee or documentation fee? I am getting ready to purchase my Tesla today.

rooseveltd91 | 2 maj 2019

They are charging me taxes and fees and they are also charging me registration, Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees. Is this right? What other fees are In the taxes and fees section?

stevenmaifert | 2 maj 2019

If you are registering the car in California, you will also be charged a $7 tire fee.

billlake2000 | 2 maj 2019

The $7.00 tire fee in Calif is $1.50 for each tire and $1.00 for the spare.

heyitsjaron | 16 maj 2019

I'm in California and I see taxes and fees in the estimated amount due. If I am financing with another institution, will I be paying taxes in person at the time of delivery, or will that be included in my financing? I'm trying to determine how much of a loan I need to ask for, and what I will be required to pay at delivery.