Forums

How common is replacing the MCU?

How common is replacing the MCU?

How often do you have to replace the MCU? How much is this?

Piotr12 | 6 juli 2019

All done, but car still on SC I will pickup after next week, the cost was 3600 EUR. :-( they replace MCU , antenna,rear camera,BLUETOOTH, LTE, I Hope now will be work for longer time

kbahome | 10 juli 2019

2013 S60 with 55k miles. my phone app stopped syncing with car in early june (app works fine with my 2018 model 3) -- that's the only problem I've had with MCU (no yellow edges, no lines, no other noticed functional problems with screen) ---minus a few screen freeze/blanking which were resolved with a reboot. mobile tech couldn't even connect so had to take to SC --they just informed me it's bad MCU and needs replaced.... any ideas if it's something OTHER than MCU? not excited about $3k fix if it's at all related to Tesla pushing firmware fix that honked it up...I guess the good news is i'll get the LTE upgrade with it....

kbahome | 10 juli 2019

tech says firmware updates haven't gone through for a few months - and they can't do any trouble shooting in current state.....

kurt | 4 september 2019

Have a 2015 S85D. Since November I've been experiencing problems : no phone-connections, no radio, ... After several visits to SC the Bluetooth-hardware was replaced - didn't solve the problem. Afterwards software (firmware) was re-installed and worked fine. In periode February-May the screen blocked many times; resetting helped. In april I reached 80.000 kms, in may car turned 4 yr old. In July screen totally died. Problem was solved by re-installing the firmware. In August : exact the same problem, now the MCU needs replacement they say. Car is at SC since August 20th, on that day they said there were 2 MCU's in factory in Tilburg (Netherlands) but the couldn't reserve them (??), it wasn't possible to pick it up neither. This week I was told none of the MCU's that were in Tilburg 2 weeks ago were delivered to SC Antwerp, so that means a have to wait for shipment of USA. SC can't give me any indication of ETA. Car sits in SC since August 20th; I have no right to a replacement-car (I can hire one for 110 EUR/day !!). Anyone any suggestions ?

kurt | 4 september 2019

@Piotr12 : did your replacement MCU had to be shipped from the USA ? I see you had to wait for approx. 1 month : did you get updates concerning ETA of the part meantime ?

Morgan | 4 september 2019

Had mine replaced in April 2019. It quit working after an update. Tesla forced the update and it worked for about a month and then same thing happened again. No good will warranty. 95k miles.

Pages