Forums

Return of wall connector

Return of wall connector

I bought a wall connector that is too short to use and have sent 2 emails in attempt to get a return but have not heard back from Tesla. My original email was sent on 9/11 and second 9/16. Neither of those have a response yet. I understand that it take 5 days to get process but this is kinda ridiculous. I can't call anyone and the service center tell me to reach out by email but this is futile so far. Not sure what else to do in the mean time?

gmkellogg | 22 september 2018

Have you tried calling the sales number? They might be more responsive

gmkellogg | 22 september 2018

Sorry just saw you can't call anyone. Just have to wait.

BattMobile | 22 september 2018

I emailed them 3 times and heard nothing until 13 days later when I got the return label.

shawncordell | 22 september 2018

Check the mail each day for the return label.

mdle1 | 25 september 2018

Thank you all. I guess I will wait and see. Love my new Tesla Model 3 though. Blue is a nice color option. AWD is the way to go.

nitinrecr | 1 december 2018

It's been a month and have emailed twice but no response or label. I am in Fremont and visited the service center today but nobody is able to help me. Everybody is nice a model 3 is great but this is a small problem of just telling me the location and even I can drop. It is unopened and it is in the policy to take it back in 60 days, what is taking so long?

Also, the reason a lot of us go ahead and by the wall connector is because there is lack of clarity that the normal 240 V works perfect for M3. Like me many are just so excited to get the wall charger because we think that is the only way.

Has anybody figured the return out of a wall connector which is brand new in the box? Please help!

P49X | 1 december 2018

To date, all my emails sent to the Tesla Store have taken 10-14 days for a reply, usually long after it didn't matter any longer. Today, however, I emailed them for a return and got a reply with return FedEx label in 4 minutes. This is for an item that has been shipped but not received.

This stunningly fast response was after I had emailed the same address twice last week trying to cancel the order before it was sent. Those emails have not been answered.

Clearly, the growing pains of a young company that has some more work to do on their various customer systems.

DBMW | 15 januari 2020

So I'm getting conflicting info as to how to return a wall connector. Who has done this and is this "free" if you take it back to a Tesla delivery center ?

And if you returned it by way of a Tesla provided return label, how much was the shipping fee as Tesla says they will charge you for shipping? Can't seem to be able to google the answer for this. Thanks!

lmmankoff | 13 februari 2020

DBMW,
Did you ever figure this out? I also jumped in and bought a wall connector ($500.) in late January and have since been told I don't need it - just get a 14/50 drier outlet to a 220 line in your garage and save the money. I'm hear also to see who has gotten a direct answer on returns. Hope to hear back...
Thanks!

lmmankoff | 13 februari 2020

DBMW,
Did you ever figure this out? I also jumped in and bought a wall connector ($500.) in late January and have since been told I don't need it - just get a 14/50 drier outlet to a 220 line in your garage and save the money. I'm hear also to see who has gotten a direct answer on returns. Hope to hear back...
Thanks!

Nakid | 13 februari 2020

the 14-50 dryer outlet will get you about 22-24mph charge rate. the wall charger can get you between 42-44 mph charge. It's also useful if you have more than one electric vehicle, the wall charger can daisy chain them on the same line.

Haggy | 13 februari 2020

A modern dryer outlet is an NEMA 14-30. You'd want a 14-50 (not a dryer outlet) if it's a new install, since it's the same amount of work and around the same price, unless your wiring won't support it.

Many people can get by with a lot less than a wall connector or even a 14-50. Even an NEMA 6-20 will give you 15 miles of range per hour, and needs only two 20 amp breakers. That's 120 miles from 11 pm to 7 am, which for many people is enough. Even with TOU rates and more hours on weekends, a lot of people can get by with a lot less than a wall connector.

drew | 16 februari 2020

Anyone get an answer? Have new, unopened gen 3, and would rather by the old matte black gen 2 capable of 70A output. Can I return it to a local service station for a refund?

AOSTV | 17 februari 2020

Unopened Wall Connectors may be returned within 60 days of delivery. All other unopened vehicle accessories may be returned within 30 days of delivery. If an item has been opened, but remains unused, it may be returned within the same time-frame stated above and will be subject to a 25% restocking fee. https://ghdsportsapk.com/

hokiegir1 | 17 februari 2020

Flagged the spammer...

@drew - As of last year, the service center couldn't accept returns. I'm not sure if this has changed since then.

rajendrajk | 10 mars 2020

I just sent a mail this morning that I need to return one adapter. within couple of hours, they sent me a FedEx return label. Seems to me, thats pretty fast.