Forums

Heater is not working.

Heater is not working.

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to get a few chilly morning and have needed to use the heater in the car. While the heated seats are working great, the car continues to blow cold air. When I increase the temp setting to HI, nothing changes. Has anyone had this issue? I'd like to find out if this is a hardware issue or software.

Thanks, LJ

joshuajclayton | 3 oktober 2018

I had same issue i have to take it in. They gave me a loner for the day. It only took from 8:30 Am to 4:30 pm to fix. This is what they found straight from the invoice. Concern: Customer: Defroster and heat from A/C are not working; doesn't get hot. Tried resetting car, turning a/c off also, nothing works. Both passenger and driver temperatures are synced.
ServiceCorrections: Cabin HVAC General DiagnosisTested operation of heat and defroster. Confirmed heat inoperative. Reviewed vehicle log data. Found faults present for heater signal. Performed inspection of heater assembly. Found water ingress into connectors and dirt/debris. Performed thorough cleaning of connections and re-seated connectors. Performed function testing. Verified system now operating as expected with no faults.

anoopbkn | 3 oktober 2018

Same problem -my M3 is at the S.C. overnight while they look at why the heater is not working.

Rigel9 | 12 oktober 2018

same issue. just taking it in for service now. i hope it is fixed quickly.

jaygrabbe | 12 oktober 2018

hmm might wasnt working the other morning after a rainstorm, i was inside messing with the app and it started heating.
Asked them to look at it while it was at the SC since i had it in there anyways. Wonder if they will find anything or it will do it again. kinda silly easily solve design prob, dirty connector? Wonder how all the connectors are covered

Carl.F | 8 november 2018

Same problem with mine, but car was 30 minutes old with 20 miles on it when I discovered the problem yesterday. They are trying to fix it now. Hopefully it is a quick fix. They are thinking it's a firmware problem.

Carl.F | 8 november 2018

Same problem with mine, but car was 30 minutes old with 20 miles on it when I discovered the problem yesterday. They are trying to fix it now. Hopefully it is a quick fix. They are thinking it's a firmware problem.

Carl.F | 15 november 2018

Got car back today. Connector for heating coil was loose.

rrsunil | 16 februari 2019

When I turn the heat on air coming from the vent behind the driver seat is cold. This happens even when the heat has been on for about 30
Min or longer, any ideas ??

weluvm3 | 16 februari 2019

Same here. I thought maybe I was just a poor judge of what 71 degrees felt like, Maybe I should have it checked,

rrsunil | 16 februari 2019

Closest service center is Indy and is 90 min away, I wonder if they offer a loaner car and if they do any service on Saturday ?

patrick.holliday | 17 april 2019

where is this connector located?