Forums

Want prvious display setup back (just upgraded to version 9)

Want prvious display setup back (just upgraded to version 9)

The new version of the software is a step back regarding use of functions and layout. I do not like it at all.

Please consider reverting back to same layout as previous layout

Regards
Jan-Eivind
Tesla X
Norway

jamesguan117 | 11 november 2018

I agree. It’s garbage and UI engineers have no idea what they were doing... Used to, you could get your functions with less than 2 taps, now you have to do very complex switching and you also lose 4 automatic controls for climate... You also lose the accuracy of the sillhouttes as they no longer show red calipers if you have them... I didn’t buy an android phone, I bought a car. This makes the cars feel cheap like a Model 3...

Yodrak. | 11 november 2018

Is it really necessary to show the color of your brake calipers for the display to be accurate? The function of the display is to show what's happening around the car.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 11 november 2018

"It doesn't MATTER what YOU want!" -- [ECHO MIKE]

GHammer | 11 november 2018

You're a little late to the party.

jamesguan117 | 11 november 2018

@Yodrack

Yes, because if it was like that once before, why can't they put it back? My issue is they did it in the first place and then chose to take it away. I was used to it and details do matter, especially on a car like this.

Yodrak. | 11 november 2018

"My issue is they did it in the first place and then chose to take it away."

My apologies, I understood you to write that your issue was the accuracy of the display. I may be in the minority, but having the display remind me what color my brake calipers are is not essential to my driving experience. I do wish, however, that the display would accurately show my interior color.

Xerogas | 11 november 2018

Umm, “cheap like a Model 3”?

limfamily | 12 november 2018

This UI is great on my Model 3. But this UI is not optimal for my Model X.

Yrsla’s desire to standardize unifying UI is understandable but dos not work here well. One is a large portrait screen and other is small landscape screen.

wisam.alrawi | 12 november 2018

I like to have red calipers for my Model S P100D. How hard can that be? I'd like to see them on my screen.
I have no problem with the current layout as I'm a new owner (1 month).
Overall it looks nice. I miss having "green" for parks and "blue" for water on the map. It would be nice to have an option to toggle them on. It would make it easier to spot parks and lakes on the map.