Forums

Led headlights out!

Led headlights out!

Ttesla | 21 mars 2019

The signature led headlights are out completely on one side and partially out on the other! Do I have to schedule an appointment or can it be solved remotely?

4barkie | 21 mars 2019

Maybe mobile service can fix it?

johnw | 22 mars 2019

No way to know without contacting service- we're not going to be able to help you remotely or in person.

jeffward05 | 22 mars 2019

Mine required replacement for the same issue. I'm in Boise and our Ranger took it to his shop because it requires removing the front bumper. Only took an hour or so to do the work, but it did take a couple weeks for him to get the replacement in hand.

AzAmpEtr | 22 mars 2019

Led strip around the daytime running light went out on my driver side headlight. Hard to tell if you look at the front of the car, but very noticeable when I was driving and would see the reflection of my car in some windows or the paint of a car in front of me. Scheduled a service appointment and they fixed it within a couple hours and checked on 2 other concerns I had as well. I’ve had great service from the Tempe Az location so far (been in twice with the model 3 for minor issues like this).

Pants | 22 mars 2019

My driver's side led strip went out after about a month of ownership. They fixed quickly. 10 months later the passenger side has now gone out. Must've been a faulty batch.

Carl Thompson | 23 mars 2019

I had this happen early on. First one then the other went out. Brought it in for service and they replaced both headlight assemblies (and a taillight assembly because one of my reverse lights went out). Good as new.

Ttesla | 23 mars 2019

Great! April 8 appt. crossing my fingers it’ll be fixed

Ttesla | 23 mars 2019

Great! April 8 appt. crossing my fingers it’ll be fixed

rdovale | 23 mars 2019

You’ll have no issue. Same thing happened to me and a ranger came out and replaced it in less than an hour. Also received a first tire rotation free. Took bumper off in 5 minutes.

rdovale | 23 mars 2019

You’ll have no issue. Same thing happened to me and a ranger came out and replaced it in less than an hour. Also received a first tire rotation free. Took bumper off in 5 minutes.

jjt2122 | 24 mars 2019

Just take it straight to a Tesla SC without making a appointment and they will replace it.

Ttesla | 24 mars 2019

Really? They do that jkt2122?! The more you know...

Sarah Hart | 4 april 2019

I am thinking of replacing the headlight for my Tesla 3 (DIY). Can we use the LED bulb retrofit kit just like the products in this page?

https://floodlightsblog.com/best-led-headlights-is-it-legal-to-use-LED-h...

I didn't worry about the legal issue because I will get the white light, and select the products with "DOT" approval.

bob223 | 10 december 2019

Carl - I had a similar experience - yesterday, the right headlight was out. This morning it started working again. And then tonight my left headlight is out. We'll see what happens in the morning!

M3phan | 10 december 2019

Take pictures of it not working, attach to a service request through your app. Covered under warrantee if a failure and not due to negligence.

M3phan | 10 december 2019

DIY could be tricky because it needs to be properly aligned. My SC said when they replaced mine that the headlight assembly is one of the trickiest things to replace on the car.

goodfollow413 | 7 februari 2020

I think you can try some DIY. I've tried to mount on Tesla some led strips to have a better front light, it was little tricky to connect it and to mount it on the motherboard. But it's worth, you can try this as well, but you need to pay attention to the leds you are buying. If you will choose the wrong one it could burn your wiring easily. To cut it short, if you are looking for a great led light you can buy them here https://www.ukled.co.uk/led-strip-lights.html more than that you will have a great consultation from a specialized seller that work in that field for a long time. I hope this will help you and you will solve your problem as soon as possible