Forums

Service Center appointments - how about some triage?

Service Center appointments - how about some triage?

I recently posted about and air conditioning problem I was having and mentioned/ranted that it was going to be three weeks to get an appointment in the Boston area (either Watertown or Dedham).

I was thinking about this a bit more: If I was scheduling my annual service a long wait would be fine. But when I have something broken that is either a safety or comfort issue, three weeks is too way too long.

Shouldn't there be a "triage" process to categorize and prioritize service appointment requests? Right now the critical need seems to be the same priority as a minor squeak or an annual service.

Bighorn | 3 april 2019

There is a triage process and I suggested elsewhere that air conditioning in Boston in March is not a high priority situation. Shoot, Charlotte, NC got snow yesterday. How hot is Boston? On my phone app, the service scheduling menu is predicated on the chief complaint. Looks like one day out of the next ten gets out of the 40s or 50s. And I've lived in Boston, so I know the humidity makes even that feel cold compared to Wyoming right now.

Jcastillo18 | 3 april 2019

I think the point is service. If it’s a/c issues or major issues we expect our cars to be serviced with reasonable time. When my infinity had a problem they exchanged cars and fixed my vehicle within a couple of days. Bighorn I see your point it’s not a emergency but we expect a certain service that unfortunately Tesla at this point shows that it is lacking. I love my car I’m waiting 4 weeks already to fix my wipers so not everyone come bashing me .

Bighorn | 3 april 2019

@JCastillo
The wait varies tremendously by region. Philadelphia and NJ had a 2-3 day wait for me recently while Nashville and Denver are about 5 days. Some busy places are closer to a month. I try to help the situation by telling people when their concerns don’t warrant an appointment.

@bighorn you are right you and Teslatap have been helpful thanks

@bighorn you are right you and Teslatap have been helpful thanks

ckcland2 | 3 april 2019

Bighorn is always correct :)

lilbean | 3 april 2019

You can call the 877 number and get an earlier appointment.

akikiki | 4 april 2019

OP, if you do as lilbean suggests call and get an earlier appointment, please don't forget to cancel the one later. People not showing up for appointments just adds to the problem.

barrykmd | 4 april 2019

My SC (Denver) does do triage. Shortly after making an online appointment, they called me to say what I needed could be handled my mobile service.