Forums

Climate turn on by “itself “

Climate turn on by “itself “

For 3 days in a row my climate was turned on while my car has been parked for a while. I constantly check my app to see if my software upgrade is here. I may have accidentally hit the climate button on my app but for 3 days in a row ? Maybe I did the only way I notice is because my stat app tell my that my climate was turned on while in park. So i should really stop checking my app. Has anyone come up with this problem?

murphyS90D | 5 april 2019

There is a setting, whose name I don't remember, that will automatically track your use of the car and attempt to predict when you will use the car. It will turn the climate control on to get the car ready for you.

barrykmd | 5 april 2019

Smart Preconditioning

Jcastillo18 | 5 april 2019

Ok thanks will look into that

jordanrichard | 5 april 2019

Also BTW you don't need to constantly check your app for a SW update notice. You will automatically get a notification.

Thanks Jordan

Sonofman | 5 april 2019

There's smart preconditioning and also cabin overheat protection. Both will turn your climate control on without you doing anything. Turn both of those off if you want any efficiency.

Also stop checking on the car with the app often as that also uses battery needlessly.

TeslaTap.com | 5 april 2019

Lastly, if a door was left slightly ajar, the climate will run. If the car is locked, then the doors are properly shut and this isn't' the cause. (The car cannot be locked if a door is open).

Thanks will do thanks for the help

redacted | 5 april 2019

Or, while you're checking for updates, you can check for the climate. Updates don't seem to happen too frequently however. Also, think there are notifications for those.

@redacted yes I also check the climate thank you

Happened again today .

Bighorn | 6 april 2019

Did you find the smart preconditioning toggle to see if it’s set to on?

Jcastillo18 | 6 april 2019

Its off

Its off

raffidesigns | 6 april 2019

There is also a toggle when you hit climate that says keep climate on when you get in. It will turn off when you exit, but turns on when you get in.

Pre conditioning and climate are off. It was in my garage and was at 11:45 pm which I never drive that time of night so it was confusing. The only way I found out was the stat app sent me a notification. It’s a CPO car unless the old owner still has access and it playing a trick on me lol

murphyS90D | 6 april 2019

If you have access the previous owner doesn't.
If you don't have access the previous owner probably does. From the screen in the car turn remote access off.

I had access to my old car for over a month after I turned it in to Tesla.

Ok thanks I did have the cabin heat protection on but it’s not 105 degrees in the garage but I turn that off also . Well
Keep you guys posted . I certainly do not drive at close to midnight so it shouldn’t be the pre conditioning but that off too .

bj | 15 november 2019

I have a 2016 Tesla Model X and for some reason the climate is starting up at around 4 am and going for 4 hours. It has happened for the last two days. I find out about it when I open my iPhone in the morning and it tells me the climate turned off because it had been on for 4 hours.
When I touch the fan icon on the bottom of the screen the Keep Climate On screen appears but none of the OFF ON or DOG labels are light in colour (when I think means they aren't accessible) and when I touch them none of them go to a dark colour (which I think means they are not accessible or active).

Is there some way of finding out why this is happening and how to stop it?

bj | 15 november 2019

I meant to say all of the ON OFF and DOG labels are light in colour.

EVRider | 15 november 2019

@bj: Are you using the new Scheduled Departure feature? If so, try turning that off and see if that fixes it.

bj | 16 november 2019

thanks for giving me a suggestion. I have a 2016 model x and I cannot find the location of the icon charging>schedule to see whether or not it is active. If it is on it was put on by accident. Would that icon be something I can see inside the car or would it be on my phone. I've touched the lightening bolt symbol and cannot see any button that says schedule. Perhaps I don't have the update that includes that program since I have a 2016?

bj | 16 november 2019

I see schedule charging--meaning when I want to schedule the charging of the battery to start. I see nothing about departure.

EVRider | 17 november 2019

@bj: I think Scheduled Departure was introduced with 36.1 — which version do you have? The option is only available on the touchscreen, not the mobile app. I assume it’s on the same screen as the other charging options, but I’m not sure.