Forums

Sell My 2013 MS for 2015 with AP1?

Sell My 2013 MS for 2015 with AP1?

I received a pretty good offer on my 2013 MS. Wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade to a 2015 with AP1.0. Would only cost me maybe $3k. Just wondering if AP1.0 is even worth the hassle of selling and getting a CPO since the CPOs today don’t come refurbished like they did when I bought the 2013 two years ago.

Thanks for any insights!

Firaz | 19 april 2019

Probably a good idea, even without taking into account AP1 (which is still worth it), small reliability upgrades (heater, door handles, etc.) and battery/drivetrain warranty (2 more years) would hopefully make it a worthwhile investment if you plan to keep the car for many more years.

C02Free | 19 april 2019

Thanks. The warranty is the main thing I’m concerned about. Just last week, noticed creaking similar to what sounded like a boat docked swaying back and forth. It was the sway bar. Thankfully under warranty!! Still loving my Tesla, though!

Anyone recently purchase a CPO? How is it with the new process and them not fixing all the cosmetics? I feel like they should still be in good shape since it is a Tesla, after all. Most owners would hopefully take great care.

Firaz | 19 april 2019

my experience with used (no longer called CPO) was so so, I would still do it but would ask more questions upfront. Car looked great, but had a few issues (battery capacity software unlock was not applied yet at delivery time, pretty worn tires, one tire with half the expected pressure, center console sliding cover not locking in open position, passenger side mirror issues, worn mats, etc.), had to purchase new tires, they fixed the center console and mats as goodwill, they fixed an issue with battery coolant heater and the mirror under warranty.