Forums

Auto mirror tint sensor

Auto mirror tint sensor

Hi all,

As it begins to warmer and warmer here in So Cal, I am getting ready to pull the trigger on getting my Model S windows tinted to help keep out the heat, but also admittedly because I think it looks cool and for more privacy.

My biggest concern with getting my windows tinted is that I have auto dimming mirrors and I'm afraid that with the addition of tint, I simply will not be able to see well out of my mirrors.

I know the auto dimming sensor is in the left 1/3 of the rear-view mirror, but I was wondering if anyone know specifically where the sensor is in the mirror. I was thinking about adding a small piece of electrical tape over the mirror to cover up the sensor so the mirrors don't auto dim.

Does anyone know EXACTLY where the sensor is?

Thanks,
-Sean

kerryglittle | 24 april 2019

my windows are tinted and have no problem seeing at night. Don't think you will have to cover the sensor.

Daisy the Road ... | 24 april 2019

Seems like the tinting would automatically trigger a proportionate reduced dimming effect,

rm760 | 25 april 2019

I too live in SoCal (OC). I have all my side and rear hatch windows tinted grey. The front is tinted with the clear diffusion film. No problem with any dimming effect.