Forums

The man in the arena

The man in the arena

Lex Fridman at end of Joe Rogan podcast asked to recite the Teddy Roosevelt man in the arena qoute to express how he felt of all those unfair criticisms toward Elon and Tesla. I'm sure a lot people here felt the same way too. Couldn't pass up sharing those words of wisdom.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs; who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

TeslaTap.com | 10 maj 2019

So true! Thanks.

ghgregory | 10 maj 2019

ABSOLUTELY! Well said; thanks :-)

Tropopause | 10 maj 2019

Wow! Thanks, carlk.

Go Tesla!

Tesla-David | 11 maj 2019

@carlk Outstanding quote, and so true! Thanks for posting. ;0)

Shesmyne2 | 12 maj 2019

That’s quite good.

Still Grinning ;-)

jimglas | 21 maj 2019

rebecca flagged

Tesla-David | 21 maj 2019

troll flagged

sosmerc | 21 maj 2019

With regards to what Tesla has accomplished so far, and in a relatively short time, I think Elon can rest assured that he and the company will get credit for moving the world forward in advancing the push to get the world off its dependence on fossil fuel. We can all be thankful for that. I still have high hopes that Tesla can continue to lead the transition, even it it comes as a result of a fresh leadership team or backing from another successful tech company.

Tesla-David | 23 maj 2019

troll flagged