Forums

Tesla Glass, No Chips, No Cracks, No Problems.

Tesla Glass, No Chips, No Cracks, No Problems.

I've driven my M3 for 6 months and 5K miles, mostly interstate. No problems with my glass. Just putting a post out there to collect anecdotal stories from others who have never had a glass issue. Please say how many miles driven. I love this car!

Hp.1193 | 14 maj 2019

So you started a new thread? Lol what a loser.

Mike UpNorth | 14 maj 2019

+1 5000 miles. MN

Mike83 | 14 maj 2019

We had a Mazda, Prius, and Tacoma all of which got window stars or cracks. Our M3 has been star crack free for a year now.

christian | 14 maj 2019

You want stories from people who have never had a glass issue? Are you trying to prove something? What would that prove?

Hp.1193 | 14 maj 2019

There’s ppl arguing in another recent thread on same topic so he decided to make a new one. Idk why.

christian | 14 maj 2019

LOL. Is he trying to prove that some people have never gotten any chips or cracks? Is that something that needs to be proven?

Hp.1193 | 14 maj 2019

Not sure. That thread got way too carried away with all the arguing.

christian | 14 maj 2019

Let me guess. Magic 8 Ball was involved and not having any negative talk! :)

Hp.1193 | 14 maj 2019

Bahahahahaha YES. Dude is a nut

Mike83 | 14 maj 2019

% of people getting rock chips is dependent on where and how they drive. One or two people out of 400,000 getting a rock star is a very worthless item to discuss. That is why this thread has a bit more logic.

BTW our M3 has a 5 star safety rating.

christian | 14 maj 2019

But only asking for people with no chips doesn't tell you what the percentage is in any way at all. How is that more logical?

CharleyBC | 14 maj 2019

Our front bumper has collected several tiny chips in 16,000 miles. And I've heard stuff coming off of trucks hitting the windshield. But so far not a nick in the glass.

peldor427 | 14 maj 2019

8000+ miles, no cracks or chips yet.

Magic 8 Ball | 14 maj 2019

Nice troll bait Neo, looks like you caught a couple. One of them is putting up a lot of commotion, how does it feel at the other end of the line?

ILoveMyModel3 | 14 maj 2019

10k+ miles with no glass issues thus far.

BTW, do you land them with a net, gaff, tail hook ???

lbowroom | 14 maj 2019

"But only asking for people with no chips doesn't tell you what the percentage is in any way at all. How is that more logical?"

Same for the opposite argument, right? That's the point. Strongest glass ever because I have no chips is as valid as weakest glass ever because I got a chip.

christian | 14 maj 2019

Yes, neither is "more logical" than the other. Someone said this post had "more logic", which is why I asked the question, which is, I guess, what made me a "troll" in the cult Magic 8 Ball fantasizes they're the leader of!

@chritstian By mentioning me specifically in this thread, and not having to do anything with windshields, you are most definitely trolling, are you going to try and deny that?

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 14 maj 2019

@M8B,
I usually dazzle them with a flashlight and then club them.

christian | 14 maj 2019

Hearing that there is arguing and guessing (correctly) that you're involved is not trolling. It's just common logic around here.

I see, so if it is common knowledge why do you feel the need to mention it?

You are a troll.

christian | 14 maj 2019

Common logic.

What is common logic?

christian | 14 maj 2019

Reasoning that should be able to be done by most people.

I see, so why mention it?

christian | 14 maj 2019

Two reasons:

1. Not everyone reasons well. For example, substituting "knowledge" for "logic" and thinking they mean the same thing.
2. You're an asshole, and I enjoy pointing that out.

I see.

I can respect #2 but #1 makes you look like an ignorant pompous asshole.

Common knowledge and common sense are common phrases. Common logic is something you made up and is an epic fail.

Do you have dementia? Use your words.

christian | 14 maj 2019

I didn't say that "common logic" was a common phrase. I do have a fairly firm grasp of the English language though, and it's my understanding that when talking to people who aren't totally unintelligent, it's possible to put an adjective and a noun together, and they will often have meaning even if they don't make a "common phrase".

For example, I could use the phrase "imbecilic dunce" to describe you, and even though it's not a "common phrase", even semi-intelligent people would be able to understand the meaning.

christian | 14 maj 2019

Also, you missed a comma between "ignorant" and "pompous". Use your punctuation.

Nice try but you should have went with imbecilic dunce. Stick the basics, when you get a better grasp then experiment a little. Bottom line is you are a troll. You contributed nothing to the windshield discussion and are just making an ass of yourself.

Really, a comma? Are they not optional is some cases?

christian | 14 maj 2019

Depends if the adjectives are coordinate or cumulative. Yours were coordinate, as I'm sure you know.

christian | 14 maj 2019

I'll stick with common logic: reasoning ability that most people should have, but yet don't often apply, as you have so aptly demonstrated. Thank you.

christian | 14 maj 2019

To everyone else, my apologies I suppose for trying to understand the point of this post. I have a chip in my windshield from day 3. Haven't had another one in 9 months. I just figured I was unlucky. Reading a post that asks for anecdotes from people who haven't had a problem with the glass on their Teslas as proof that Tesla glass is really great didn't make a lot of sense without the context of the other post. Having read the other post, Magic 8 Ball is mostly correct that anecdotal evidence in a forum like this doesn't prove much, even if he is an asshole about it.

christian | 14 maj 2019

I'm out. Magic 8 Ball, next time you need help understanding how nouns and modifiers work, or where to put a comma, or how to not lose your shit any time someone says something not completely positive about Tesla, let me know.

howard | 14 maj 2019

WOW, another grammar thread on top of a senseless post anyway. Never ceases to amaze and entertain.

rob | 14 maj 2019

@christian "Also, you missed a comma between "ignorant" and "pompous". Use your punctuation"

Pedants are pedantic because it makes them feel like they are contributing when in fact they are not.

rob | 14 maj 2019

tough crowd today

rob | 14 maj 2019

Oh, forgot.
5K miles not chips. Took a big hit when someone passed me using the suicide lane. But no chip.

christian | 14 maj 2019

@rob, I'm happy to admit it's pedantic, but that didn't begin in this thread with me. I really couldn't care less about Magic 8 Ball's poor grammar. If he'd be somewhat nice and understanding to people who've had a less than perfect experience with Tesla instead of immediately resorting to mockery and calling names, he could write as poorly as he desires and I'd leave him alone.

So we have an "I'm out" and look who came back.

Definitely entertaining. Everyone likes a clown show.

charles.a.braun | 14 maj 2019

Mike83 | May 14, 2019
% of people getting rock chips is dependent on where and how they drive. One or two people out of 400,000 getting a rock star is a very worthless item to discuss. That is why this thread has a bit more logic.

BTW our M3 has a 5 star safety rating.
---
I love when people say things like 5 people out of 400,000 owners have reported the problem on this forum. As if all 400,000 owners post to this forum. I would say that 99.99% of owners don't even know that this forum exists and of the .001 that do, perhaps half of them are lurkers only and have never posted here, good or bad.

For the record, I have had 1 rock chip repaired on my Model 3 and the windshield is pretty badly pitted and will need to be replaced sooner or later. 18 months and 54,000 miles.

Our Model S window was severely pitted for about a year and then about 2 months ago, the windshield just cracked while sitting in the parking lot at my wifes work. I have excellent dashcam video and you can actually see the crack appear and expand over the course of the day as the car sat parked. 30 months and 58,000 miles.

Mike83 | 14 maj 2019

Exactly. There is no reason to report chips as the statistics are not proven. BTW don't drive behind trucks without flaps or tailgate. The driver's attitude seems to be more relevant to pits and stars besides the roads where they may spread rocks for icy conditions. Don' think is Tesla specific.

M3phan | 14 maj 2019

@Neomaxizoomdweebie
9k+, no issues, equal mix of local and freeway in an area of new builds and construction and freeway expansions

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 14 maj 2019
lilbean | 14 maj 2019

It depends on if your glass is half empty or half full.

Mike83 | 15 maj 2019

You will, you will rock me. ;-)

Joshan | 15 maj 2019

my glass is great after 6 months!

Pages