Forums

Just installed 2019.16.1 but not home currently to check it out. Anyone else know what has been updated/added?

Just installed 2019.16.1 but not home currently to check it out. Anyone else know what has been updated/added?

Maybe the return of Max Battery?

hammer @OR-US | 16 maj 2019

My release notes were blank but it looks like this is why all cars are getting it at once:
https://electrek.co/2019/05/15/tesla-fiire-update-battery-software/

Bighorn | 16 maj 2019

Old cars just got Swedish and Software release preference.

philgrocks | 16 maj 2019

Several improvements
1) Sentry Mode can auto enable. You can exclude, home, work and/or favorites
2) For software update you can now select "Advanced" to get updates sooner
3) New visualizations for autopilot (I have not driven yet, so have not experienced)

Some others, but these seemed to be the big ones for me

miller.90 | 16 maj 2019

Bighorn, what do you mean by "old cars?"
Are you saying that "old cars"get nothing in 16.1 but Swedish language and the ability to download software on demand?

SoCal Buzz | 16 maj 2019

Regarding #3 under @phil, the car and lane display on driver’s console resize dynamically depending on speed and number of surrounding lanes.

EVRider | 17 maj 2019

@miller: “Old cars” means pre-HW2 cars (including cars with no AP hardware), which don’t support Sentry Mode or the driver visualization changes in this version. So those cars only get the software update and Swedish language changes. Also, these cars are getting 2019.16.1.1 rather than 16.1.

More information in this thread: https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/201916-starting-roll-out

jordanrichard | 17 maj 2019

Ya, my release notes said that Swedish was added for displayed language and nav voice, unless I read it wrong. My choices for nav are still English, Spanish and Canadian French.

Hammonddave | 17 maj 2019

Sad that I did not have this update last night. I parked my car and went into a club. An hour later I remembered to activate Sentry Mode while in the club. When I came out later I found my car vandalized. Of course, it happened before I activated the cameras (after watching hours of footage). Had the sentry mode automatically activated when I left the car I would have caught the perpetrators on camera. GRRRRR!!!!!

PagemakersS75 | 17 maj 2019

Sounds like bad news if you’re in Europe...

https://apple.news/AXuLsLqmSRcm3-xpXoGehCA

Ohmster | 17 maj 2019

My Lane Change Confirmation is limited to 'Yes' as it says 'No' is not enabled for 'my region'. ???

'17 S75 & X75D: (Uncorked [E]AP FSD AP2.5 Bio 16.1)*2. Grin on!

ktslab | 17 maj 2019

It also fixed the max battery power missing issue for older P models. Assuming the horsepower is restored as well.

mizunosan | 17 maj 2019

Got 2019.16.1 and drove it today. The new visualizations/animation is nice -- I like it! I have Sentry Mode enabled all the time now and excluded certain locations -- working great. I'll see if the problem I had where the car would take minutes to wake up is resolved later today when I leave work. NOA seems to require a bit less feedback from the steering wheel to make lane changes, but that could be my imagination as I got used to it...

2018 Model S 100D

barrykmd | 17 maj 2019

I just installed 16.1.1 and I'm 1000 miles from my car. I would have preferred Norwegian. After all, they are the ones on top of the EV revolution in Europe.

Innkeep | 18 maj 2019

My car notified me about software to be installed about 3 weeks ago. Suspecting it would be buggy I decided not to install it. Yesterday the message disappeared and I confirmed that I’m still on my old version. Guess I’m ready for 16.1 when it comes.

EVRider | 18 maj 2019

@Innkeep: You gave up your place in line when you refused the update, so no more updates for you. :-)

Innkeep | 18 maj 2019

@EV. Too funny

etigro | 20 maj 2019

@PagemakersS75 For once, I am in no hurry to upgrade...

Anyone in Europe able to measure the difference between the 2 AP ? Or simply a model 3 AP (already approved with the new limitation) and a model S/X AP (still under the initial version) ?

mizunosan | 20 maj 2019

I've been testing this update for several days now. My car used to not wake up (took 3+ min) with the update prior to this one (2019.12 series) but no problems so far with 2019.16.1
I felt like an idiot sitting in my car waiting for it to boot up!