Forums

Plastidip red color for 2019 red m3

Plastidip red color for 2019 red m3

I am looking for closest match on a red paint from Plasti dip for 2019 M3 red color.. anyone knows which one should I buy? I see RED and GLOSSY red options.

ElectricAlex | 18 juli 2019

OK, inquirin minds want to know, what are you dipping?

ElectricAlex | 18 juli 2019

“Inquirin” = inquiring

stopnair | 18 juli 2019

paint chips and a chrome emblem.

JAD | 19 juli 2019

Post if you find something. Currently I have stickers on the emblems, but plasti dipped the Dual Motor badge black. Would be nicer if I could dip the badges, but I didn't think they had a nice bright smooth red.

lbowroom | 19 juli 2019

Getting any of the plastidip products to flow out smoothly is challenging. Even at elevated temperatures it' s a balance of applying a light mist for adhesion in the first layer and applying wet coats afterward. I always end up with a light texture. Using the glossifier doesn't help, seems to make it tackier.

lbowroom | 19 juli 2019

I do love that you don't need to mask it. You can spray it right onto the emblem and surrounding paint. After drying, just peel away from the paint and it naturally breaks around the emblem without peeling off of it.

JAD | 19 juli 2019

I have gotten pretty good at applying it. My rims almost look like the factory paint.

If my stickers peel of the T, I will definitely give it a try. looks good on the badge, door trim and other parts. Not real tough, but easy to repair. The minimal masking part is amazing. Paint the logo and peal off the part not on the letters, how does it know ;^) ????

JAD | 19 juli 2019