Forums

Downloading navigation data update - stuck for 2 days

Downloading navigation data update - stuck for 2 days

Hello. Ok the short of it is my car is stuck at what looks like maybe 2 % on the downloading navigation data update under the software update area and it won’t go beyond where it is and it’s frozen. Going on day 2 with this. I did a soft reboot of my car and complete power Off/on a few times and also tried connecting to an alternate WiFi network. Just wondering if anyone’s has any voodoo magic on how to force a update to complete?? Ok I know your saying speak to Tesla support which I did and no luck so far.
I spoke to the phone support and also a quick support chat and both times no real solutions other than open a support ticket and it will go through the proper support channels most likely getting a visit from the ranger. Anyone anyone know any tricks ?? Thanks.

triumphbob | 1 augusti 2019

I'm having the same issue. Made certain the WiFi was strong enough but still no joy. I've set up a service appointment to see if that would trigger a response.

Sandman89 | 1 augusti 2019

Don't worry had the same issue on a previous software version. It's not a big deal. You will still get the new update when it's pushed to your car and once you download a new update, the problem resolves itself. Don't waste time by scheduling an appointment for this "issue"

waymn201 | 21 augusti 2019

I now have the exact issue as of 8/20. Did your software finally download?

waymn201 | 21 augusti 2019

I now have the exact issue as of 8/20. Did your software finally download?

CharleyBC | 21 augusti 2019

Dumb question: where in the UI do you see that you have a map update in progress, and what percentage complete it is?

ddorbuck | 21 augusti 2019

hey charleybc, its in the software update section, it shows you your current navigation data version and if you are not on wifi a message to connect your car to wifi to get the update. wayman201 yes i had to do a power off for 3 minutes then a quick screen display reboot with both scroll wheels to get the download to start again. it took a long time even on my home wifi which is fast. once it downloaded it also took a bit before the car registered the update was installed. To other IT geeks out there like me i noticed my firewalls snort IDS rules were causing extra havoc for this download at my home. i temp disabled the snort signature that was getting triggered and it helped. For other who are not IT ... rock on brothers! ;>

me | 7 september 2019

Same here. Fast.com show 25 Mb/s. Already waited for 30 minutes and still progress bar didn’t move at all. The problem is that I can’t connect to my home wife that’s why I needed to go to my work parking.

ferjilo | 7 september 2019

Maybe let it more time shutdown will help

fulghum | 13 november 2019

I just encountered the same problem on my 2019 Model X. The car received the update but my phone app shows that the download is still occurring and that the car is rebooting. The car drives fine and acts like normal. But how can I clear this error?

jimglas | 13 november 2019

perhaps sign out and sign into App?

fulghum | 13 november 2019

No, unfortunately that doesn't. I should add that in the car, when you go to software update, it still says that it is downloading. But I know that the car is using the update because it has the new features.