Forums

FM radio stuck loading

FM radio stuck loading

Our FM radio will not play. It is stuck with loading symbol. Internet radio ok. Multiple reboots. Soft and hard. Nil fix. Anyone else. It was great before.

Frank99 | 15 augusti 2019

My wife pointed out the same thing to me today (she listens to the radio, I don't). Must have gotten broken in a recent update.

gmr6415 | 16 augusti 2019

Do you have an LTE signal?

MrSexyTime | 16 augusti 2019

Happened to me yesterday. I did a full power cycle and it didn't come back (though after power off, the car restarted before I touched the brake, and before the Tesla suggested three minutes. The radio was still hosed, but then did a hard reboot, and all was well. (2019.28.2)

cnk | 16 augusti 2019

Had this a couple of times. Two-button reboot fixed it.

ColoDriver | 16 augusti 2019

Mine stopped working after the update to 24.4. A power down reboot from the menu solved it until I parked the car, when it stopped working again, but then a soft (scroll wheel) reboot then fixed and no issues since. So maybe try both one after the other.

ormandy | 16 augusti 2019

Had same issue last month. No fix worked at home. Scheduled mobile service, they rescheduled to service center. FM unit replaced - took 1 1/2 day fix.

bjrosen | 16 augusti 2019

My radio was wedged also, did a reboot and that fixed it.

dfellinger | 16 augusti 2019

I had it at the shop for a noisy AC fan. Replaced the blower motor. They tried a reboot for FM with no fix. They pushed the latest software patch for me to install at home again. Nil fix. Back to the shop again. What a pain.

rxlawdude | 16 augusti 2019

Same here, two-button reboot while driving fixed it.

gwolnik | 16 augusti 2019

I haven't experienced this problem yet, however my Sirius XM Onyx receiver is dependent on the FM radio because it retransmits the signal to the car that way, so I'll be very upset if this happens!

mike.munrow | 19 augusti 2019

Had the same problem; two button reset did not fix it. What did was starting streaming audio, then going back to FM. Still working fine.

dfellinger | 6 september 2019

So mobile service came by....unplugged the FM receiver up in roof by rear window to try a complete power off reset. Nil fix. Said they have been having issues lately and didn’t have one to replace at the time. While working on the unit he snapped the antenna wire going into rear window. I now have to go to the service centre to have rear window and FM unit replace. I had the car tinted and I’m out of luck and will have to pay to have rear window tinted again to match rest of car. Not impressed at all.

AWDTesla | 6 september 2019

Yeah, my FM keeps going completely out and two button reset fixes ot for a minute or so then it goes dead again.

Frank99 | 6 september 2019

try mike.munrow's suggested fix - it solved the problem for me. Really weird.

Atoms | 6 september 2019

Email Tesla with bug report.

coselectric | 6 september 2019

Ditto broke. Ditto reboot fixed it.

PittCaleb | 7 september 2019

I've had same problem for over a month. Was NOT a software update, was using FM, died on road trip. I have service visit scheduled for next Thu. Will post the findings, sounds like hardware - soft and hard reboots did not address.

I have secondary perhaps related issue. BT streaming audio works fine. BT Phone does not work anymore though. Very strange and more a problem than the FM to be honest. We'll see how the visit goes next week.

Resist | 7 september 2019

My FM Radio doesn't show a listing of stations, and doesn't have the Presets and Stations headings on the left side of the screen. I can direct tune in channels and save them as Favorites. Also, using the forward/backward search button only brings it to channel 87.7. I've rebooted numerous times with not fix. I set up a mobile service appointment for next week.

wreilly0 | 19 september 2019

Having the same problem with FM Radio spinning wheel since 9/8. Has anyone had a successful experience with a service appointment to address this issue? dfellinger's experience does not sound satisfying. Does Tesla know what is causing this? Or, are the techs just trying things to see what will work?

mdejulio | 19 september 2019

Had this happen several times in the first few months of my ownership. Reboots fixed all initially but failed again today with reboot not correcting. Tried deleting all set stations as i heard it can get hung up on a bad signal. That didnt work either. Looks like a possible trip to the service shop...

dmastro | 19 september 2019

My FM radio started working today, after a week or two of spinning / freezing wheel - both stations on the HD channel.

I did update to 2019.32.2.2 either last night or the night before, maybe that had something to do with it.

cFortC | 4 oktober 2019

Two-week old Model 3. Updated to version 10 two days ago. Yesterday, experienced the "spinning wait" after trying to play FM radio. Other media modes still worked find (phone, USB, streaming). Two-button restart restored FM radio.

My editorial comment: This smells like a software problem. The Tesla may be the "iPhone" of automobiles, but this is not a good excuse for less than stellar QC. On version 9 I was experiencing frequent "phantom window down" problem - hasn't recurred on version 10 yet and I've got my fingers crossed THAT at least is fixed. Come on, Tesla, less bling and more focus on solid core features, please.

bosmatnik | 14 oktober 2019

The same problem here (Model 3, ten months old, ver 10 software, Los Angeles area). LTE connectivity is erratic. Sometimes it catches on and quite often it doesn't. Today's experience:
Started traveling down the freeway, turn the "radio FM" on my favorite local NPR station and nothing- I left is there and then about 15 minutes into the ride, out of the blue, the radio started playing. What gives?

Bergersenm | 15 oktober 2019

Version 10 upgrade last week. First day after the update I notice all my sound stopped working including blinkers, car sounds, streaming media. Sound worked again after parking the car but now I get daily issue of media streaming sound just stops but I can see the media is still playing in the display--so seems for me version 10 upgrade introduced some new bugs impacting the sound in my model 3. Today I tried the FM radio and it just hangs--wont load at all--go back to streaming media then sound comes back but after a few songs the sound stops again? Very odd but blinker sounds still working now. Hoping Telsa support is working on a fix. Prior to version 10 update I never had this problem. Car is 1.5 years since delivery with 24k miles.