Forums

Feature request, add passenger seat position save

Feature request, add passenger seat position save

The driver's side allows you to save the seat position for specific drivers, would love to do that for the passenger as well if possible.

BTW if this is a feature that I've missed please let me know how to do it.

Sgwebb.us | 19 augusti 2019

I would love to have this as well,

TeslaTap.com | 19 augusti 2019

Not possible with software (I think). There is a seat memory module in the driver's side for the S/X, and I assume the 3 is built the same way. On the S/X and likely the 3, this module doesn't exist for the passenger side, so there is nothing for software to communicate with or know the seat's position.

CharleyBC | 19 augusti 2019

Yeah, I don't think the passenger seat is "networked". Software can't reach it. I think...

EVRider | 19 augusti 2019

My previous cars that had memory seats only had them for the driver. I don’t know if passenger memory seats have become more common since then.

There are scenarios where you might not want the passenger seat to automatically adjust when you open the driver’s door, for example when you have passengers in the back seat and moved up the passenger seat to give them more room.

Brian | 19 augusti 2019

Passenger seat memory is not important. They don't need to be properly positioned from the wheel or pedals, and they aren't driving, so can adjust while the car is moving. That would unnecessarily add to the cost of purchase.

Brian (The one from Massachusetts)

rjriker | 22 augusti 2019

I would love to have the driver's seat allow a setting for the Easy Entry. When I turn the car off and get ready to get out the Easy Entry takes over and reclines the front seat into the back seat, and if there is someone sitting there, they are pinned to their seat with no where to move. I love the wheel going up, the love the seat moving back, but the recline of the back of the seat is too extreme. Just move it to maybe 65 degrees not 55 degree slant.

vmulla | 22 augusti 2019

I'd love this as well. But if it can't be done then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯