Forums

M3’s are everywhere!

M3’s are everywhere!

Took this photo yesterday while at a traffic light here in S FL. Pretty cool.
https://imgur.com/gallery/BiYJTR9

raqball | 29 augusti 2019

I am seeing more and more here in the Portland, OR area. A day hardly ever goes by where I don't see one but I usually see multiple M3's...

cnistal1 | 29 augusti 2019

Well, you should come to LA! I see at least 5 to 10 M3s on my commute to work daily. Recently, there were 4 of use in a straight line in the Carpool lane. That's not counting X or S models. It's very exciting!

ken.lunde | 29 augusti 2019

When I give our German Shepherd her morning and afternoon/evening walks in our neighborhood, I can almost always spot at least one Model 3 in each of the five standard colors, and usually multiples, and sometimes even rare silver. I live in the Almaden Valley area of San Jose, CA.

billtphotoman | 29 augusti 2019

Austin in also crawling with Model 3s. If I go 2 miles without seeing one I am surprised. We love our Tech in this town.

scherer326 | 29 augusti 2019

That looks like my car in south Florida, where was it taken. :-)

Xerogas | 29 augusti 2019

@jd4714: I stopped counting after finding 11 in my company’s single-floor parking garage for just one building.

IntelSPE | 29 augusti 2019

Still not as many as M8B's useless comments on this forum. Tesla stock double if they sell more Tesla than number of M8B's comments.

cornellio | 29 augusti 2019

Not enough.
That's only one!
I see about 10 - 20 Tesla's just in my parking lot at work everyday.
Still not enough!
The vast majority of cars on the road are still ICE but we're making a little progress.

jd4714 | 29 augusti 2019

@scherer326 I took that at Northlake and Prosperity Farms Rd in N Palm Beach.

vincelorto | 29 augusti 2019

Tesla's in general are abundant in San Diego.

Atoms | 29 augusti 2019

In Phoenix can see several at an intersection. My expectation is that their popularity will rival Toyotas in about 4 years. If all goes well in the next 5 years, semi trucks will mostly be Teslas. The des trucks will be scrapped at a high rate due to high cost of operation.

Atoms | 29 augusti 2019

In Phoenix can see several at an intersection. My expectation is that their popularity will rival Toyotas in about 4 years. If all goes well in the next 5 years, semi trucks will mostly be Teslas. The diesel trucks will be scrapped at a high rate due to high cost of operation.

ahostmadsen | 29 augusti 2019

Yes, unfortunately. That was one of the main things that made me hesitate to buy a M3: they are so common. My other cars have been pretty rare. It’s kind of boring to drive the same car as everybody else. But of course, for the push towards EVs it is very good that Tesla is so popular.

Shesmyne2 | 29 augusti 2019

My arm gets tired from waving at Tesla’s in the Bay Area.
But I still wave.

Still Grinning ;-)

SamO | 29 augusti 2019

Any red ones?

lol

beaver | 29 augusti 2019

EVs are 5% of California new car sales and probably only 1% of the whole country. We have a long ways to go

bp | 29 augusti 2019

Seattle area is Tesla-stacked. Kind of agree with @ahostmadsen; I was driving a rare A4 Avant before my M3. However, I just love the M3 too much to care how many others I see around here.

Tesla or otherwise, we need continued BEV sales to break the back of the filthy fossil industry.

TickTock | 30 augusti 2019

Yup - very common in the Phoenix east valley. So much so that they really don't turn heads anymore. Now that I think about it, I have not been harassed by a coal roller in quite a while. Are we gaining acceptance?

andy.connor.e | 30 augusti 2019

I cant go anywhere anymore without seeing at least 1

rdh37 | 30 augusti 2019

@SamO. Mine is a bright red one. However, no tickets yet. Restraint is hard. Was funny the other day. Was in line at a light and there were 5 other 3s in line. 4, including mine, were red. The other one was black.

PTdenver | 30 augusti 2019

IntelSPE
I know right?! how can anyone post sooooo much 24/7 I figured he had a call center with staff or something :)

stockbandit91 | 30 augusti 2019

In Orange County, CA, I call it the Honda Civic of the OC. Yes, they are probably the most common car spotted now, after less than 2 years of sales. In fact, the 3 is ahead of the Accord, likely going to pass the Camry and has an outside shot of passing the Civic as the highest selling car in CA in 2019.

SamO | 30 augusti 2019

Southern California and Bay Area are the epicenters of ownership. I see 50-100 every day. You have to stop counting after a while on longer trips.

I remember in 2012/3 when owners would stop at a light, roll down windows and exclaim how strange and wonderful our Teslas are. Now . . . mostly here on the forums ;-)

CharleyBC | 30 augusti 2019

I enjoyed the brief phase of having an unusual, eye-catching car.

Now I instead enjoy watching EVs gradually take over the world. That’s far more important anyway.

Having said that, my wife encountered a woman in a restaurant parking lot this week. “Excuse me. Is that a Tesla?” She was excited to see one up close, and asked how you open the doors. My wife invited her to sit in it and answered her questions. So it does still happen!

andy.connor.e | 30 augusti 2019

I have an unbelievable "Tesla Eye". Literally whenever i am out with other people, i am the only one who even notices there are Teslas. Everytime i say "Hey look theres a Tesler!" everyones always like "where?" as if its not.... like.... idk..... VERY obvious as to which car has the flush door handles. I think people just literally dont even realize Tesla is a car company.

raqball | 30 augusti 2019

andy.connor.e | August 30, 2019
I have an unbelievable "Tesla Eye". Literally whenever i am out with other people, i am the only one who even notices there are Teslas. Everytime i say "Hey look theres a Tesler!" everyones always like "where?" as if its not.... like.... idk..... VERY obvious as to which car has the flush door handles. I think people just literally dont even realize Tesla is a car company
-----------------------------
When I was a kind we use to play the slug bug counting game on road trips. Counting Tesla's might replace the slug bug counting game..

raqball | 30 augusti 2019

*when I was a kid

vmulla | 30 augusti 2019

Just something from the past when I saw another M3 on the road, how things have changed :)

---

vmulla | March 8, 2018
I shared this earlier but here goes.
Two days after I got my car I saw a Red Model 3 driving a little ahead of me, and I chased it down.
I pulled alongside, turned on AP honked and waved wildly. The couple in the car were probably scared to death.
What a beautiful color on the M3. What I realized is the car looks better when it's moving.

I've gone into the nitpick mode in the last few weeks, but it's pure joy to drive this car - I mean to forget it has any technology at all and just feel the road. Amazing car!

Mntlvr23, I'm so excited for you.

vmulla | March 8, 2018
Oh, also my brother made me a bumper sticker - Honk if you're waiting for M3

Maybe I'll put it on this weekend :)

Wattsworth | 30 augusti 2019

+1. I travel from central AZ where I see a fair number of M3s to SoCal where I see a _lot_ of M3s. Just traveled to San Antonio and saw exactly one M3 during a long weekend stay.

ODWms | 1 september 2019

I’m in Florida. While I wouldn’t say they’re rare, I don’t see them everywhere I go. Yet.

jrweiss98020 | 1 september 2019

Except in my garage! Still waiting after almost a month!

Smalm | 1 september 2019

Last time I walked the parking lot at my office park I counted 16 Model 3s. There are definitely S and X there as well.

Shesmyne2 | 1 september 2019

@SamO
Close to 3 out of five, dammit.
I’m learning to appreciate Team Red.
(Better than Team White right now!)

Still Grinning ;-)

SamO | 1 september 2019

My team white and black are both pretty rare.

I see red, blue and silver most frequently.

ncancilla81 | 1 september 2019

Here in the Bay Area they’re like Honda Civics.

https://imgur.com/gallery/w0oCQbl

It’s getting a little ridiculous!

Patrick | 1 september 2019

Lots of new owners here in Tampa Bay. Sightings were rare earlier this year but now we see at least one almost every day.

Love it!

vmulla | 1 september 2019

is anyone complaining? :)

Keinzr | 1 september 2019

There are more than a few here in SLC. the Silicon Slopes are getting true tech.
The air quality can get bad a times during the winter, me a few friends are doing out part to clean it up.

Earl and Nagin ... | 3 september 2019

@keinzr,
Good to hear it. The movie "Who Killed the Electric Car" debuted at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City in 2006 and the Hilton SLC Center installed one of the first Tesla Destination Chargers (a NEMA 14-50) in 2009 for my first long Roadster road trip there.
I'm glad to hear the EVs are becoming common place now.

CST | 3 september 2019

I was at the local community college for an event and decided to charge free, saw a roadster pulling out as I plugged in. Gave the thumbs up.

TranzNDance | 3 september 2019

Today I wanted to get into the HOV lane. I checked my rear mirror and saw a black Model 3. I checked my driver side mirror and saw the black Model 3 and was shocked at how quickly it moved during the time that I switched mirrors. I have my mirrors set up NOT to overlap so they should be showing unique places. I looked again and it turned out there were two black Model 3s.

F.vanalstine | 3 september 2019

I just completed a 4000 mile road trip from St Paul, MN to Phoinex with overnight stops in Rapid City, SD, Trinidad, CO, and Flagstaff, Az along the way out. I never saw another Tesla on the road, I was the only Tesla at all Suoerchargers from home until Cheyenne. WY, one more In Colorado Springs, and two at Albuquerque, NM.

On the way home Suoercharger use was just as deserted, Found two more Tesla’s charging at Blanding, Utah (best Suoercharger stop I have yet found - right at city tourist info building and nice lady attendant even offered free ice water). One more at Grand Junction, CO, and one last one at Spearfish, SD.

The middle of the country still seems to be a Tesla dessert.

Oh yes, the trip was great. No issues for 80 year old me doing it alone or for my new RWD LR Model 3. It has been perfect, no flaws or bugs at all apart from the hundreds scattered across its front end and windshield.

95dawg | 3 september 2019

They're common in Seattle, Bellevue, and Redmond. The Bellevue SC is overflowing with M3s waiting for delivery to owners.

Shout out to metallic silver M3 with personalized plate "XBOX"- I've seen it several times around town, in Madison Park, Newcastle golf club, etc. Strangely I keep running into it randomly. Shout out to the owner! :

tri_t_to | 3 september 2019

The Model 3 is the new Corolla of the Silicon Valley. Walking out of Target is like a page from Where's Waldo.

M3Tesla | 3 september 2019

This is just one charging station at my work. We have about 50-100 stations like this.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/0fYF4K4QS4ydjfPVpT1X6A.vkidnPBaz1u8...

walnotr | 3 september 2019

Last year pre Tesla, we drove from Texas to our summer place in Washington. Anticipating we would have our Model 3 soon, we made it a point to stop at as many Superchargers as we could. What was learned from that was, charging along our route would not be a problem, and, nobody was using them. At least when we were there. This year using the S.C. network was a breeze, although the usage was up. Three or four of us were making cross country trips so it was splash and dash along I-80.

pjwheeler83 | 3 september 2019

They are few and far between here in Michigan but since I got mine back in March I've seen more and more pop up! I love spreading the Tesla word!

bj | 3 september 2019

No Model 3s seen in Sydney. But then again, deliveries only started this week.

nwfan | 3 september 2019

And I just completed 2500 mile round trip in my Tesla.
DFW TX to Las Vegas and return.

My experience mirrors @F.vanalstine.

Busiest Supercharger was Kingman AZ. 6 chargers with one broke and at least 4 cars
waiting during my 45 minutes charging. Only Superchargers with just me charging
were Henderson NV, Tucumcari NM, Amarillo TX, Flagstaff AZ and Childress TX.

Thank goodness for the big battery. DFW to Childress TX required me to dp my home
with a 94 percent battery charge. Arrived with 10 percent remaining. Drove the
speed limit (mostly 75 mph).

LostInTx | 4 september 2019

Austin opened a desperately needed second SC location a couple weeks ago with 18 bays all up and running.

On Monday afternoon, the image struck me as what you'd see at an airport, with planes parked, crossing in front of each other, landing, taking off - and except for livery paint, all looking pretty much the same.

At the time, 12 of the 18 SC bays were being used with 3 or 4 other cars in various stages of movement.

So in an area comprised of maybe 2 acres, I saw 15 or so functional Teslas. A high watermark for me.

Pages