Forums

Michelin Primacy MXM4?

Michelin Primacy MXM4?

I need to replace my OEM Goodyear tires (15K miles). Planning to switch to Michelin Primacy MXM4. Has anyone used it here? If so, how is the road noise compared to OEM?

murphyS90D | 15 oktober 2019

Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires were the OEM tires for my 2014 S85 and my 2016 S90D. I don't know why they switched to Goodyear but my guess is they got them at a lower price.

spatters805 | 15 oktober 2019

I had the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires for about a month. The tires were smooth, but tended to be louder with road noise than my previous tires. I don’t think they are foam lined. Tire co. swapped mine out at no extra charge and the road noise improved. Michelin’s had a better warranty tho.

‘16 MS75D AP2 HW2 FSD 19” Goodyear Eagle Touring tires

barrykmd | 15 oktober 2019

I had the MXM4 as OEM tires. My only complaint was poor wear. I got 27K from them. I never had the Goodyear tires.

Foam is marketing BS and only makes it more difficult to patch/plug.

I'm currently on my third set of tires and got the Nokian WRG4s this time. Haven't had the opportunity to try them in snow yet, but they are quiet.

TesMD | 15 oktober 2019

I highly recommend the MXM4. I had them on my first Tesla and they were great. Got 43k miles out of them. My second Tesla came with Goodyears and only got 23k out of those and put the MXM4 when I replaced them. Been pretty happy with the Michelins.

Rowlie | 15 oktober 2019

They were my OEM tires on my P85D. I got more than 40K miles on them, but found that the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires are quieter and last as long. I do think my range was slightly better with the MXM4 tires.

evaandmarty | 15 oktober 2019

I prefer the MXM4 over the current Goodyears because of great tread wear and superior sound qualities

jordanrichard | 15 oktober 2019

I have stuck with the MXM4s since new. I typically get 36,000 out of a set. At 169,000 miles, I am on my 4th set. How much life one gets out of a tire greatly depends on where and how one drives. Rapid accelerations and letting off the accelerator at the last minute, to get max re-gen, will wear out your tires quickly.

mcmack15 | 15 oktober 2019

They just replaced my OEM Goodyear's last month with the MXM4. Only got about 15K out of the OEM tires, hoping for more with the MXM4.

As for the noise----I didn't set out to do a comparison, but when thinking about it a few days after the new tires were put on I told myself that the new tires seemed about the same on the highway (maybe slightly nosier), but were quieter off the highway.

Find the ride to be the same.

PhillyGal | 15 oktober 2019

Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires were the OEM tires for my 2014 S85 as well and they lasted us 50k miles so we replaced them with the exact same.

murphyS90D | 15 oktober 2019

If you want good tire mileage don't do launches. They don't squeal but the rubber is being ground off of the tire.