Forums

Yellow Border On Screen. Fix Is In Place

Yellow Border On Screen. Fix Is In Place

Had the hideous yellow border show up on my S today. Immediately called Agoura Service Center. Yes, you can still talk to people. :)

Anyway....

I was told that they have a fix for the yellow.

No MCU replacement or swap-out.

Takes three hours on a special jig/fixture. I am *guessing* it is some form of heated pressure annealing rig.

I’m going to wait till they do a few. :)

‘17 S75 + ‘17 X75D Both: Uncorked [E]AP MCU1 FSD AP2.5 Intrusion 19.32.12.2 Grin on!

Bighorn | 16 oktober 2019

I think it involves UV light therapy. They have been performing the procedure since June at least.

Ohmster | 16 oktober 2019

^Ah. That makes sense. I wasn’t aware this had been in place that long. Thanks.

rcarl39130 | 17 oktober 2019

On Oct 17, 2019, I just checked with West Palm Beach Service Center on Dryer Road and they will not have the tool in place to fix the yellow border for another month or so....just a heads up

TeslaTap.com | 17 oktober 2019

@Ohmster - Actually it very slowly gets the yellow band. It's unnoticeable until at some time you notice it an think it just happened overnight. Happened to me as well - one day suddenly noticed it, but it really was yellowing very slowly over time. I'm on my second display, so I saw it slowly yellow. In the last 6 months, it hasn't gotten noticeably darker, but hard to tell. I haven't done the UV fix yet, but I'll likely wait until the HW3 AP processor is ready to upgrade. Not that annoying (yet)!

PrescottRichard | 17 oktober 2019

The yellowing is a nice sepia touch for those who want a steam punk dash.