Forums

feature suggestion/request

feature suggestion/request

I know there's the possibility to charge the Model three on a schedule but I think this schedule is only for starting the charge.
Wouldn't it be nice if you could set a time when the charging should be finished. Let's say that charging should be finished at 7am and that the Model 3 than itself determines when to start charging taking into account the present battery level and supplied power and other factors, may be you have the sentry mode on or it's very cold etc..
This way you have a nice warm battery when you leave. Oh, and while I'm at it, it would also be nice if you could set the climate control on a schedule and of course the charge finish schedule takes this into account ;-)

gmr6415 | 23 oktober 2019

Suggestion: Start charge. Note how many hours and minutes it will take to charge. Calculate the time to start the charge, so that it will finish at your desired time. Schedule the charge to start accordingly.

rob.van.olst | 23 oktober 2019

@gmr6415 Thanks, I would like that the Model 3 would do that instead of me though, I'm very lazy ;-)

Lorenzryanc | 23 oktober 2019

If you want to request a feature, you'll have to email Tesla directly. I believe in the not to distant future, the car will know best/cheapest times to charge automatically to further decrease load on the grid and save owners more money. I can't imagine your request won't come along with that update.

andy.connor.e | 23 oktober 2019

@rob.

Use your intelligence to maximize your laziness. You can take care of everything from the couch. Just think of that. Dont stress yourself about needing to set it up on your phone, get excited of the fact that you ONLY need to lift a finger, quite literally.

gballant4570 | 23 oktober 2019

The app is helpful - while I might also find use for the feature suggested, I currently initiate a warming or top-off charge as req'd in the morning before leaving, as well as warming/cooling the car interior using shore power, etc.....

dmastro | 23 oktober 2019

@rob: I think it's a great idea, I'm not sure of the method to submit feature requests but you should definitely do it.

Apple implemented something similar with the iPhone11 (or iOS 13). The phone will learn your charging habits so it when you plug in overnight it will determine the appropriate time to start charging to reach full at normal wake-up time.

tacetman | 23 oktober 2019

Regarding iPhone charging on iOS 13...

In the notes for that update, they specifically mentioned that it helps to minimize the amount of time to battery spends >80% charge. If this were implemented on the M3, feasible it could do the same (depending on whether you intended to charge past 80% to begin with...at minimum it would be somewhat useful prior to long drives where you need to charge past 80% to make your next charge stop).

henry.groover | 23 oktober 2019

"If you want to request a feature, you'll have to email Tesla directly."

What is the best email to dispatch feature requests?

Lorenzryanc | 23 oktober 2019

I've gone to Account, request help, then choose Feedback. I got response in a few days saying they'd add it to the list.

rob.van.olst | 24 oktober 2019

@Lorenzryanc Thanks for the tip, did it 5 seconds ago.

rob.van.olst | 4 november 2019

I guess someone listened, they are calling it scheduled departure and it’s coming in the next update ;-)