Forums

Model 3

Model 3

I see that the the anti-Tesla FUDsters have been saying that Tesla's U.S. orders are down 39% for the 3rd quarter. I don't know if this true or not. The questions I have are:

What are the world-wide numbers?
What is the Model 3 current world-wide order backlog as compared to previous quarters?

Magic 8 Ball | 3 november 2019

Bloomberg has some data. You can see their predictions can be way off tho but they do report prediction vs result so that is something.

syclone | 3 november 2019

@M8B: Thanks for the info - very informative.

TeslaTap.com | 3 november 2019

In Q1, when the USA IRS credit went down, a lot of sales that would have occurred in early Q1-19 got pushed into Q4-18, perhaps with Tesla's help in delaying international deliveries. It's likely the same for Q3, where Tesla pushed as many USA deliveries that would have occurred in Q3 into Q2 to get the better IRS credit. That ends up lowering Q3 USA sales and increasing Q3 international sales.

I expect it may occur one more time in Q1-20, where Tesla will try and get as many USA orders delivered in Q4-19 to allow customers to take advantage of the last of the IRS credits.

So actually nothing unusual in the long picture.

Pg3ibew | 3 november 2019

@magic8, has anyone from the forums taken that survey. I am always leery about surveys.

Certainly I cannot speak for others but I have not taken it. I think there were a few threads pushing for others to take it a few months back.

Pg3ibew | 3 november 2019

Thanks!!