Forums

Unable to unlock and unplug when scheduled departure is enabled

Unable to unlock and unplug when scheduled departure is enabled

I enabled scheduled departure in my Model 3 SR+ for 8 am every weekday right after I downloaded that update. Now when I plug in at work around noon for several hours of charging, I can't unlock the port at the end of the work day. I unlock from the app as I approach the car, but the car keeps locking the plug immediately. I don't remember for sure if I tried to stop charging first and then unlock from the app after the first failed attempt. I tried it a few times though but it locked it immediately preventing plug from being pulled out.
Then I got into the car and tried to unlock from the charging screen. Same result. The charge port is unlocked for 1 second and locks immediately.

Finally, I realized that maybe the scheduled departure has something to do with it so I disabled it. Then I was able to unlock the port and pull the plug out.

I thought that perhaps the charging adapter has something to do with this since my work charger is not a Tesla charger so it needs app/car unlock operation.

Does anybody have similar experience?

Sarah R | 28 november 2019

Bug report.