Forums

Overpayment Refund: Who to contact?

Overpayment Refund: Who to contact?

Tesla has owed me close to $900 for 3 months for overpayment on my new Model S. Long story short, they collected State tax money but never paid the State! I had to come out of pocket to pay it in order to tag my vehicle. Over 2 months ago, I called Tesla customer service (they agreed I was owed the overpayment), who directed me to the service center where I signed my paperwork. The service center claimed, over 2 months ago, they created a case for the refund. I’ve sent multiple emails without any reply to at least 6 different individuals. Is there any other direct method of contacts to resolve this?

sperrywilliamc | 22 april 2020

Bubba - We're having the same issue or nearly same problems as you. We continue to probe with Tesla store about delays and problems and at same time we've also taken the route of going to Department Of Revenue and submitting a -- Sales Tax Refund Application to at least get back our overpayment of tax at least. We are waiting for our refund for 4 months and Tesla and Tesla store treat us like we are crazy for even asking the question. I'm not sure how well their audits go but some day it will catch up to them. Good luck.