Forums

Can’t sign in to Google account

Can’t sign in to Google account

So I am considering changing streaming services from Hulu to YouTube TV. I just started the YouTube TV 5-day trial and I found I cannot get it to stream in the M3.

Apparently for YouTube TV to work in the M3 Theatre, you have to sign into your Google account where subscription status with YouTube TV is verified. The M3 browser appears to have insufficient security for signing in to Google.

Does anyone know of a work around? The free YouTube app works fine but the paid YouTube TV app has the sign in problem.

alnawazr | 19 december 2019

Open the YouTube app. Then click the drop down menu on the right side (9 squares) and you will see YouTubeTV and YouTube Music.
Enjoy YouTubeTV in full screen.

Lonestar10_1999 | 19 december 2019

@alnawazr - I tried that and YouTube TV launches. The error occurs when you attempt to sign in. That’s when you get the error message about the browser incompatibility.

This also means that you cannot access your GMail account.

calvin940 | 19 december 2019

I am able to login with my google account no problem. I have a YouTube Premium and logged in for that as well as have used gmail on my M3 console.

Pg3ibew | 19 december 2019

I was able to sign into Google with my gmail. And also to you tube.

Thanks guys, I may need Tesla service to take a look.

CST | 19 december 2019

I tried to login, but it wanted to send me a two-factor code and I didn't have my mobile device so I canceled. Then Google lock me out of my accounts and forced me to reset my password, so be careful if you don't have a device nearby.

Thanks CST, although I can log into Yahoo and retrieve those emails, the Google site will only allow me to enter the Email address and password then complain that the browser needs updating before it will attempt sign in. Other than Google sign in issues, the browser and other streaming services like Hulu work fine.

I went ahead and made a service appointment and included a picture of the display with the error message shown. Hopefully they can remediate with an OTA push or perhaps they can give me guidance on changing some configuration setting. I would hate to have to lose time at work just to bring it in to the SC for this.

Lonestar10_1999 | 21 december 2019

I found a solution to the Google sign in issue I am having, which is preventing me from enjoying YouTube TV in the M3. Apparently this issue has been reported by others and someone posted a work around.

You simply browse to plex.tv and choose log in with Google. With the plex.tv screen, the Google sign in works. After you are signed in, YouTube TV works and the emails in the Gmail account are accessible.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/unable-to-login-youtube.175623/

rsvandyke | 26 januari 2020

I can’t log into Google for YouTube Premium in my 2020 MS either.

Lonestar10_1999 | 26 januari 2020

I don’t know why some folks can log into Google directly without issues or error messages while others like me and rsvandyke cannot.

The work around with Plex.tv has been successful for me and others. If the Plex.tv log in method doesn’t work then the only recourse is to schedule a service appointment and have Tesla figure out how to fix it.

IoT | 10 februari 2020

Thanks Lonestar. I have the same issue. I’ll try it tomorrow.

HTwrestler112 | 25 mars 2020

The plex.tv work around doesn't work in my 2020 M3. I just tried it. Perhaps the workaround doesn't work with the latest software?