Forums

Sentry mode randomly recording

Sentry mode randomly recording

I have sentry mode off unless I turn it on by myself and it still records constantly, anyone else have this issue and if so, how do you fix it?
I did a restart but that did not help, still records whenever it wants to.

Ian-TelsaM3 | 26 mars 2020

Yes, this is happening to me. I have it turned off but it is still randomly recording. I noticed because of the battery drain. Very strange.

hokiegir1 | 26 mars 2020

So -- 2 comments.
1) When you say "records constantly" do you mean when parked, or when driving? Because if you have a flash drive in, it will record a rolling hour while driving for the dashcam.
2) As far as battery drain, make sure Summon Standby is also off if that is your concern.

hokiegir1 | 26 mars 2020

So -- 2 comments.
1) When you say "records constantly" do you mean when parked, or when driving? Because if you have a flash drive in, it will record a rolling hour while driving for the dashcam.
2) As far as battery drain, make sure Summon Standby is also off if that is your concern.

EVRider | 26 mars 2020

Sentry Mode (if enabled) only records when parked. The dashcam is always recording. The dashcam doesn't drain battery, only Sentry Mode does that.

Ian-TelsaM3 | 26 mars 2020

I'm not talking about dash cam. Sentry mode just randomly comes on and records. I have it turned off on my Tesla App and in the car.

FISHEV | 27 mars 2020

This should be easy to document by looking at Sentry mode files. Doesn't it store Sentry mode in different directory than the other cameras? Since they are the same cams which are on a recording while driving, wouldn't Sentry mode have to "steal" the feed to record in the Sentry mode folder?

FISHEV | 27 mars 2020

A fun experiment to do while sequestered and reason to take a ride.

EVRider | 28 mars 2020

@FISHEV: I believe it works like this: whether or not Sentry Mode is active, if the dashcam is recording it saves video clips in RecentClips. If Sentry Mode is active and it detects an event, the last 10 minutes of video is moved (not copied) from RecentClips to SentryClips. Similarly, if you manually save dashcam video by pressing the dashcam icon or honking the horn, the last 10 minutes of video is moved from RecentClips to SavedClips.