Forums

Registration forms late

Registration forms late

I took delivery of my model 3 on Christmas Eve, and my registration packet I need for the DMV still hasn't arrived. My temp tag expires Thursday. Anyone else waiting this long for theirs?

jimglas | 21 januari 2020

this happened to me
I called the service center and they sent me another temporary registration
It was a problem at the state, not tesla.

EVRider | 21 januari 2020

Happens a lot. Like Jim said, contact the service center to get a new temp tag.

jrose | 24 januari 2020

Update: temp tag expired yesterday, I’ve called 3 times in 3 separate weeks and the first two times I was told ‘it’s looks like it’ll be there on time’, tonight when I called I was told there was an issue with Michigan and it has not been sent! So now I have a parked 3 that I can’t use to go to work to pay for it! And he spit out the same line ‘it’ll take just as long to get you a new temp tag as it will the actual paperwork’... BS!! I’m furious!!!

jrose | 24 januari 2020

Update: temp tag expired yesterday, I’ve called 3 times in 3 separate weeks and the first two times I was told ‘it’s looks like it’ll be there on time’, tonight when I called I was told there was an issue with Michigan and it has not been sent! So now I have a parked 3 that I can’t use to go to work to pay for it! And he spit out the same line ‘it’ll take just as long to get you a new temp tag as it will the actual paperwork’... BS!! I’m furious!!!

jimglas | 26 januari 2020

go to your local SC and get another temp tag