Forums

HW3 Upgrade

HW3 Upgrade

Took a chance 3 weeks ago thanks to the forum and just made a service appointment for the upgrade. Never heard any updates and even left voicemail since I didn’t want to drive 90 minutes to West Palm to be told it’s not my time. They never responded. Arrived at 8:30, they took it right in and gave me 90D loaner until Monday. Also checking a recall/not recall about battery and cleaning EVAP for free. Glad I changed from Eatonville to West Palm. I think it wouldn’t have went as smoothly. Thanks to EVRider for letting me know their service was good.

sheldon.mike1010 | 6 mars 2020

Had mine done on P3- this week. Flawless service at Buena Park, CA Tesla.
Everything worked perfectly. At same time, they did a change out of pins in charge port.

Also, they have a holding lot 3 miles from the Buena Park location that is FULL of
Model 3's, X's, and one or two Y's.

rdovale | 9 mars 2020

Upgrade complete. They cleaned the evap for me and I had them change the cabin air filter. Only complaint I have is of course the service. I made the appointment 3 weeks ago for 8:30 Friday morning. I called Monday morning and the car still wasn’t even looked at. They told me there were cars in front of me. I wanted to do my Seinfeld impression “then why do you take the reservation if you can’t keep the reservation?” But at least it’s done. 90 minute drive and given a P90D for a loaner.

EVRider | 9 mars 2020

@rdovale: How long did they tell you it would take before you dropped off the car? For my Model S upgrade, they told me it would be a few days (and it was).

Our Model 3 is going in for the upgrade on Wednesday. They didn’t tell me how long it would take (yet). This time it will be at the new WPB location, which I haven’t seen yet.

SteveWin1 | 9 mars 2020

I personally think the West Palm center is the worst. They never answer the phone and don't return calls. I always have to call the sales people and ask them to go over and grab a service person to find out what's going on with my car. I'm also about 90 minutes from there. I prefer Eatonville, but they are slightly further so when I have to be towed, I have no choice and West Palm has more availability generally.

M3phan | 9 mars 2020

@ SteveWin1, does your service center tech not text you updates as to how your car is doing? This is how our two centers have always updated us. Not through calls but text. They to me and vice versa.

rdovale | 9 mars 2020

@EVRider, they didn’t tell me until I got there. They would not answer the phone and I left a message to please call me back, but nothing. When I got there I asked if it would be done that day and they said probably not it takes a few hours and then have to install some type of firmware. They’re open Saturday but I guess they don’t count that day and I waited until noon Monday to text them and he replied about 15 minutes later to say he sees my car in the queue. So it literally just sat there all 3 days then Monday it was serviced and only took 4 hours. I kept asking them to text me before it’s about to be done which they didn’t because it’s a 90 minute drive and anything 4:30 and on I won’t make it before closing. I got an estimate for 3:15 on the app, so I text them again asking if I could start heading down but no response. He called me a little after 4 to say it was done. I jumped in loaner right away, put in directions and it said I would get there at 5:50 and they close at 6. I work long hours so the next 4 days I wasn’t able to make it down there so just drove a little faster then usual and hoped there was no backed up traffic. I was nervous all the way down because if they were closed by the time I made it there I was screwed. Supercharging wasn’t working on the loaner for some reason. Luckily I got there at 5:40 thanks to smooth sailing down the turnpike. They don’t have much in that place right now. They had to go to the old building on Dyer to get my filter. Thankfully it worked out but they really need to just hire one position to handle phone calls for service.

rdovale | 9 mars 2020

Also I only lost the phone connection. Everything else was still stored in the computer.

EVRider | 10 mars 2020

@SteveWin1: Most service centers don't answer the phone anymore, but you can get someone to answer by selecting the option to check the status of your car (even if your car isn't there).

@rdovale: My car was in the queue for 2 days before they worked on it, but the did the work overnight and I received a text when it completed. I think I already received a notification from the mobile app. My service advisor updated me a few times while they had the car. I only live 20-25 minutes from the (old) service center so I didn't have to deal with some of the logistics you did. It will be interesting to see how the Model 3 upgrade goes. BTW, I didn't lose my phone connection or any other settings.

bddaughe | 10 mars 2020

I had a very good experience. I went in yesterday around 12:15 PM and car was ready at 3:00 PM. So a little less than three hours. That includes them doing a service bulletin. They offered a loaner, but I decided to stay and work from there. My car was in view from the waiting room and I got to see the whole process. Very interesting!

I did lose phone as well and had to redo the Bluetooth settings to get texts working again. But I'm very impressed. NoA was way more responsive! It would detect that it needed to change lanes every single time I thought it should. And it started moving out of passing lane again which it stopped doing for some reason with my previous computer. And I'm loving the new visualizations!

EVRider | 10 mars 2020

@bddaughe: Did they update your software when they installed HW3? I’m wondering if the NoA improvement is really because of HW3 or the software update. The algorithm NoA uses to decide when to change lanes shouldn’t be dependent on the HW version.

bddaughe | 10 mars 2020

@EVRider, I checked and the software version is the same before and after, so only seems to be HW3 specific. I had 2020.4.1 before and after. And numbers after the version (which I think are firmware) are all the same too. So I too was surprised to see such a difference in the way it acted.

bddaughe | 10 mars 2020

Navigation Data is different. Before it was NA-2019.20-10487. Afterward it was NA-2019.6-10236. So that seems like a downgrade? I assume that shouldn't impact lane changing.

rdovale | 10 mars 2020

I had same software going in and out 4.1 but I had a navigation update waiting for wireless connection when it was completed.

bddaughe | 10 mars 2020

Yeah I went to lunch after saying that and noticed that a navigation update was waiting. It's been downloading since I got back.

racerex | 10 mars 2020

I just dropped of my Dec 2018 M3 LR RWD for HW3 retrofit. At drop off the service center said they'd also be doing a few smaller items like plug insulators, etc. They also gave me a loaner. Excited for HW3 visualizations!

racerex | 10 mars 2020

Oh yah and they said there's a 50/50 chance you'll lose bluetooth settings and driver profiles. They said homelink type stuff isn't at risk.

rdovale | 10 mars 2020

I don’t believe they did the service bulletin for the battery they said they were going to do. It’s not on the invoice.

EVRider | 10 mars 2020

@bddaughe: I suppose it's possible that navigation data could impact NoA performance. It could also just be that they had to recalibrate everything when they installed HW3, and there were some calibration issues previously. Were there any changes to your AP lane change aggressive settings?

rdovale | 10 mars 2020

They also stopped giving courtesy car washes.