Forums

homelink - using manually

homelink - using manually

How do I use Homelink to manually open my garage door. It works great by auto opening/closing but I would like to be able to open it on demand. is this possible. I do not have FSD. I don't think my garage door has the auto learn button on it.

Thanks in advance for your assist!

pnagy | 6 maj 2020

Just touch the Homelink icon at top right and touch your profile name and the door should start moving.

mcarrene | 6 maj 2020

Well..... duh....thank you....that works perfectly... Thank you!

M3D | 6 maj 2020

Also available in the app under summon - you can use the homelink icon to open and close the Garage door if the car close by

mcarrene | 6 maj 2020

Is there a way of using my Tesla app to open/close garage door. Seems like I saw someone on youtube that showed the HomeLink icon in the Tesla app, but I think it was for smart summon. Since I don't have FSD, I don't have that feature.

mcarrene | 6 maj 2020

Is there a way of using my Tesla app to open/close garage door. Seems like I saw someone on youtube that showed the HomeLink icon in the Tesla app, but I think it was for smart summon. Since I don't have FSD, I don't have that feature.

flybyglass | 6 maj 2020

Yes, on the controls menu in the Tesla app, there should be a Homelink button.

EVRider | 6 maj 2020

Unfortunately, the HomeLink button only appears in the Controls section of the mobile app if you have access to Summon (via EAP or FSD). There's a long-standing bug that prevents it from showing up there otherwise. Submit a bug report from the car -- the more the merrier.

parkernicholas18 | 7 maj 2020

Thank you for sharing article and information. this is very helpful for beginner. https://oreo-tv.com/oreo-tv-apk-download/

lbowroom | 7 maj 2020

“ There's a long-standing bug”

Not a bug. It’s there if you want to summon your car out of the garage. If you don’t have summon, you don’t need it.

EVRider | 7 maj 2020

@lbowroom: You missed the point. The bug is that the HomeLink icon is missing from the Controls section if the app unless you have Summon. Using the HomeLink control has nothing to do with Summon. That’s the bug.

Bronson49 | 7 maj 2020

I picked my car up a year ago today and could never get homelink to work in auto. Been using manual last year. Blame it on old man thing.

lbowroom | 7 maj 2020

I missed nothing EVrider. Tesla doesn’t want you to have that feature unless you have summon. Not a bug.

EVRider | 8 maj 2020

@lbowroom: How do you know that?

mcarrene | 21 maj 2020

How can I replace my manual remote control device (garage door opener) by using my iPhone. Is there an app for that? Seems like I should be included in the Tesla app! I have Homelink installed on the Tesla.

JAD | 21 maj 2020

Just buy a WiFi garage controller. Smarter than homelink as they know the status of the garage and have some smart device voice control. I use MyQ. Less than $100 and always work.

EVRider | 21 maj 2020

@mcarrene: You already know why it’s not in the Tesla app if you’ve read the previous replies. How often do you need to use the manual remote that you’re trying to replace with an app? If you’re out running or whatever and don’t want to carry a clunky remote, a couple of other options to consider are buying a small keychain remote or installing a keypad outside your garage.

billroger | 21 maj 2020

Anyone know how to get 'homelink' to open and close side view mirrors (close when entering condo garage, open when leaving garage) a long with opening/closing garage door?

Family.Joules | 21 maj 2020

There is a toggle switch to enable auto-fold/unfold mirrors when you create or reconfigure HomeLink from the touch screen.

melfont | 22 maj 2020

Does the Model 3 (and Model Y) come with Homelink? I saw a $300 option on the accessories page. Do you have to purchase that and have it installed at a service center or does it come with the car?

httran26 | 22 maj 2020

Homelink is no longer included with the car. You have to buy after you get the car and have it installed at the service center.