Forums

Wanted: ICE generator in Tesla (using water as fuel)

Wanted: ICE generator in Tesla (using water as fuel)

Tesla motor cars are great. But, lets face it, batteries are expensive, but there is an answer. Its a well known fact water explodes when exposed to an high voltage (low amp) arc. This application is used in forming sheet metal (electrohydraulic metal forming).
See Cambridge University paper (link below)
http://www.tuks.nl/pdf/Reference_Material/Electrolysis_Water_Arc_and_Die...

I small ICE engine in the frunk charging the batteries as I drive (or parked) would be awesome. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but water is cheaper than electricity, right?

PS If Elon wanted to go to Mars, he should really look into water + acr technology. Applying this could potentially solve a host of space flight problems.

DTsea | 7 april 2016

Energy of that explosion is less than energy of the arc.

Water is not fuel. It is an exhaust product of combustion of hydrogen.

milesbb | 7 april 2016

Run you car on water, it's called fuel cell power. Of course you add the two parts of water, oxygen and hydrogen separately. I understand Toyota thinks it is the way to go. Musk thinks it should be called fool cell power.

FelixMendeldog | 8 april 2016

Guys, this is a joke. (Right? Right?)

Ross1 | 8 april 2016

No joke Felix.
If you put water in your petrol tank the car lasts longer.
It never wears out.

Remnant | 8 april 2016

@ linkjjones (OP, April 7, 2016)

<< [A] small ICE engine in the frunk charging the batteries as I drive (or parked) would be awesome ... but water is cheaper than electricity, right? >>

On-board energy generation is precluded by Tesla's philosophy and development plans. Energy generation is generally dirty, noisy, bulky, wasteful, expensive, and/or dangerous.

TM/EM chose to use energy stored in batteries for very good reasons, which are why Teslas are great cars.

vperl | 8 april 2016

Twelve year olds on the forum.

BTW, I would use ice cream, with coconut

PV_Dave @US-PA | 9 april 2016

Wanted: Affordable perpetual motion machine.

linkjjones | 11 april 2016

To all who have replied thus far: It might do you well to do the research before you reply.The 3 phase induction motor is one of Tesla's least inventions. You all have been brainwashed by JP Morgan's scheme.

Tesla is not just a cool name, try looking into some of his inventions and the ideas behind them, you'd be surprised.

DTsea | 11 april 2016

Linkkjones.... utter gibberiah.

DTsea | 11 april 2016

Dang phone. Gibberish.

Homebrook | 11 april 2016

@DTsea, gibberish + pariah. Made sense to me! :-)

DTsea | 12 april 2016

Homebrook. NICE!