Forums

Tesla x wing doors opened and hit ceiling pipe in parking garage

Tesla x wing doors opened and hit ceiling pipe in parking garage

Five days after delivery of my new x, I opened the falcon wing doors and they went, up, up, up and hit a pipe a foot below the ceiling of a public parking garage. That night, new software was downloaded and the door sensors were apparently modified. Unfortunately, it was too late for the new dent and scratches to my car. After much discussion, Tesla agreed to give me a loaner and repair the damage. The estimated time for repair is 12 days. I am outraged that 2 small scratches and a small dent should take that long. I am disappointed with the service time for repair. I wonder if there is any 30 day return policy? In the past, I have had other cars repaired for nicks and it took about 2-3 days, even with repainting a door. After owning a car for only 5 days, shouldn't it have some priority in the line to get this work done?

Triggerplz | 23 juli 2016

One thread will do...

mike_f | 23 juli 2016

Let me see if I understand your rage:

1) YOUR negligence ultimately resulted in the scratches
2) TESLA has given you a loaner at NO COST to you
3) TESLA is repairing the damage (small dent and a scratch) that you caused at NO COST
4) You wonder if there is a 30 day return policy (no....unless you bought it at Costco)
5) YOUR COMPLAINT...it takes too long

Either this post is a bad attempt at a joke or the OP is a total nutcase or its a bad case of buyer's remorse and how the OP finds out she cant afford the car after all. In any case, get a life and buy a KIA next time.

Triggerplz | 23 juli 2016

@mferrazano +1.. U hit em on both threads :-)