Forums

Upgrade Model X to 75D

Upgrade Model X to 75D

I expected some marketing pressure to upgrade my 60D to 75D., in fact I hoped it would be presented as an economic alternative.

Since the "no discounts" e-mail I guess that is not happening, soon.

I, however, did not expect to encounter Marketing Trickery like the following:

Logged into My Tesla today and was greeted with a panel saying "You can upgrade to a 75D for only $9,000!

(that was the original price differential)...

Then the underhanded sneaky marketing started:

Offer says "Upgrade to 75D and get increased Range AND FREE SUPERCHARGING FOR LONGER TRIPS".

Sounds like I do not already have FREE SUPERCHARGING for life????? WTF

Checked a copy of my order session that I happened to keep (to be on the safe side) and my Model X 60D order from Sept 2016 DEFINATELY states Free Supercharging in the 60D Standard Feature list.

So TESLA Marketing, what is going on????

Pryoritiesinc | 6 oktober 2016

It's sales, don't think too much in to it. TSLA actually has to show profits and what's the easiest way for them to up sell you? Upgrade the battery to the full charge of the 75 that is in your car, that's almost 100% profit for TSLA.

TSammy | 6 oktober 2016

Well sorry for the negativity but deep down I hoped Tesla would be different!

Love my Model X more each day.

Did have a brand new Z06 show me his taillights at 115 from a rolling 30 start... almost held my own, not embarrassed.

Triggerplz | 6 oktober 2016

@alexsammy you shoulda had my P90 DL you woulda showed that Z06 some Tesla Spoiler before 115 :-)

Pryoritiesinc | 6 oktober 2016

Sammy, I drank the whole keg of tesla kool-aid, but every publicly traded company has to produce revenue and profits. Would you have been happier if they offered it to you at $7,500? :)

TSammy | 6 oktober 2016

Thanks Trigger,

What I needed tonight was some extra "P" envy.

Just kidding, I knew I was compromising when I took the economical route.

Triggerplz | 6 oktober 2016

Oops Z06 about 3.2 0 to 60 too would need that P100 to smoke it or that MS P100 0 to 60 in 2.5

TSammy | 6 oktober 2016

I know, Trigger, that's why I used a rolling 30 start,,, it is so hard to resist using the super mechanical advantage of direct drive against an albatross like the Vette... he probably had the 32 speed Automatic Transmission...
btw,,, we both left the Mustang GT in the middle lane gasping for breath at about 90.

TSammy | 6 oktober 2016

I know, Trigger, that's why I used a rolling 30 start,,, it is so hard to resist using the super mechanical advantage of direct drive against an albatross like the Vette... he probably had the 32 speed Automatic Transmission...
btw,,, we both left the Mustang GT in the middle lane gasping for breath at about 90.

TSammy | 7 oktober 2016

Pryoritiesinc,

If they offered it at $7500, I would still wonder if it is worth it for 35 miles of range.

How much faster will my MX 60D be if I take the upgrade.

That is the answer that will ultimately seal the deal for me.

I stand by my ethics pretty well, but when it comes to speed and/or fun I can rationalize a lot.

lol

Pryoritiesinc | 7 oktober 2016

There's no speed difference from a 60/75, you would need to get the 90 series for that.

Pryoritiesinc | 7 oktober 2016

@alex, here you go with Ludicrous- https://www.tesla.com/new/5yjxcbe43gf006738

Actually not a bad deal since it has ludicrous

GoGreen1 | 7 oktober 2016

@alex, can you confirm that the upgrade option shows you at $9000; checked mine, it shows me at $9500 !?! Is Tesla back into special pricing for select folks :-) ?

A_SHAIKH787 | 7 oktober 2016

I booked 70D but later but later Tesla decided to go with 75D , so i got free upgrade to 75D :)

TSammy | 7 oktober 2016

@GoGreen1

You are correct...$9500... Even more interesting since difference in cash price is only $7200 on initial order "Design" screen.

I will not be doing it at current upgrade pricing.

ikapital | 8 oktober 2016

Is there a huge difference in speed, between the the two? Order a Model x 60, having second thoughts now.

hami05 | 8 oktober 2016

@ikapital, nope! The 60D and 75D have the exact same acceleration. Only difference is how far you can go on a charge. We've got the 75D and it goes fast enough to keep you glued to your seat. :)

ikapital | 8 oktober 2016

thanks Hami. Comforting..can't wait

hami05 | 8 oktober 2016

@ikapital You're going to love it. I've had mine for almost a month and a half now. The software update that I got yesterday has made me feel like I just got a new car. All of a sudden it's driving more smoothly and the doors, touchscreen, and autopilot have all become about 50% better than they were 2 days ago. Amazing how much this car can improve while it's sitting in your garage!

carlk | 8 oktober 2016

Well if you want to complain this have you ever watched a car commercial?