Forums

Window tint levels and shop in Los Angeles area for Midnight Silver Model S

Window tint levels and shop in Los Angeles area for Midnight Silver Model S

Midnight Silver MS coming soon (apparently I'll be the first car with the updated Black Multi-Pattern Seats off the production line). Already planned to have Calibred/Johnny do the Blackvue install.

I need recommendations please for:

1. The levels of tint to use on front and rear windows, as well as rear hatchback (keeping in mind it's CA, but I'm an eye Doc so I can get a doctor's letter easily)

2. A good (ideally affordable) place in the Los Angeles area to have tints performed, especially if they also do Clear Bra installs.

3. Any preference on tinting material to be used.

Thanks & Happy New Year!

lilbean | 1 januari 2017

My tinting guys are the best at Sunshine Glass Tinting. http://www.sunshieldglasstinting.com/window-tinting-clients. They do Jay Leno's cars and J. Lo's. The prices are amazing and they know exactly what level of tint to use. My clear bra/Xpel guy, Dean, is across the street at Sticker City https://stickercity.com

lilbean | 1 januari 2017

Sunshield not sunshine. Dumb autocorrect.

MelaniaFromBrentwood | 1 januari 2017

Thank you lilbean! Hope you're getting referral commissions from all these people!! Will i ever see you at PCRS or ASRM?

buickguy | 1 januari 2017

I'm in California so I tinted to 70% on the front doors, and 40% on the rear doors and hatch (nothing on the windshield or the pano). 70% is the California legal limit on the front doors.

lilbean | 1 januari 2017

You're welcome @Melaniafrombrentwood. Nope. No commission for me. I just like to share my great finds. I won't be going to PCRS or ASRM. Sounds exciting though. :-)

Bighorn | 1 januari 2017

Another eye doc?! MD or OD? Doctor's notes are of no use in CA from what I've read. Get an undetectable film for the windshield since technically any film is illegal. Front sides above 70% and rear can be anything.

rxlawdude | 1 januari 2017

What's opthalmology have to do with reproductive health?

I'm not seeing a connection. ;-)

@lilbean kidding re referral commissions!

@bighorn who else is an eye doc around here? MD/PhD in my case but I stopped practicing for money (volunteer at LA County instead) and spend most of my life in biotech. Why would you "tint" the windshield if you can't block any light? Might as well save $$ there.

lilbean | 1 januari 2017

Haha. I had to state my little disclaimer. :-)

Megatron2016 | 1 januari 2017

@MelaniaFromBrentwood - Congrats on your MS. For my MS, I used Bemaro Films for the window tinting and Xpel clear bra wrap. He does excellent work. Here is the link: http://www.bemarofilms.com

Bighorn | 1 januari 2017

I've lost track but eyesurgeon, barryk, windsurfer, me and several others.
The film is to block IR as the windshield lets in a lot of heat. I had my car done up in Orinda but neglected to do the windshield. Big mistake.

@rxlawdude I'm an ophthalmologist and my wife is an infertility doc -- and apparently Tesla ownership is now required for board certification.

rxlawdude | 1 januari 2017

@Melania, LOL!

SoCal Buzz | 1 januari 2017

@Melania, try Eclipse @ (310) 980-3590. They are mobile and have done all my cars plus a few friends' Teslas. I think the owner is Chris, and their pricing is excellent. I don't recall the tint level, but I went with something medium all around.

eztider | 1 januari 2017

Extreme Autowerks at extreme autowerks.net (562) 551-8070. They are in Cerritos just off the 605 one exit from the 91. I got tint all around, including windshield and pano roof. Clear bra on the front, and the entire car, including interior and chrome wheels, coated with Opticoat Pro Plus.