Forums

Tesla surpasses GM in market cap

Tesla surpasses GM in market cap

Title says it all...

SamO | 10 april 2017

But . . . but. . . . GM is paying huge dividends. Doesn't that mean they are more valuable?

Lulz.

jordanrichard | 10 april 2017

This means nothing. One story about a Tesla fire and presto, it will be worth less.

Tropopause | 10 april 2017

I predict $400/share when Model 3 comes out this summer. Look out Toyota!

Orthopod | 10 april 2017

why did I sell my 75k shares at $180?

NKYTA | 10 april 2017

Because you aren't in Mensa...? ;-)

SamO | 10 april 2017

Forget GM. I'm aiming for Exxxon - Bored Elon Musk

Bighorn | 10 april 2017

Anybody getting tired of winning yet?

vp09 | 10 april 2017

Why aren't more of us on this? I took my wife's friend to the L.A. Tesla Club event a couple days ago-- she was so wowed. She had never heard of Tesla, much less had her ears pinned back, or seen the car moved itself out of the garage.

vp09 | 10 april 2017

moved >>> move

[need an editing function!]

carlk | 10 april 2017

Nay, this is only the preseason.

carlk | 10 april 2017

"Anybody getting tired of winning yet?" is what I was responding to.

Efontana | 11 april 2017

Do 6 days of outstanding shorts put upward pressure on the stock price?

Was one objective of Elon's analyst call comments,"We are not going to provide guidance past June," to increase the stock price?

Does Elon bait shorts?

vp09 | 11 april 2017

I'm not onto the short and long and selling short to make money. Not what I'm into or interested in.

I am interested in Tesla becoming the largest automobile company, as operationally defined by market capitalization, or stock price times number of shares. Hope I got that right.

Why is Tesla now the largest auto company (or why is Tesla larger than GM)?

Al1 | 11 april 2017

Why is Tesla now the largest auto company (or why is Tesla larger than GM)?

I don't know what largest means. Tesla is certainly the leader, the game changer, the company that redefines what car means. GM is certainly none of those.

GM does certainly move a lot of steel and money around. It may be the biggest one in the industry when it comes to subprime car loans, unsold inventory or annual recalls. But why should stock market give a heck about it?

Just a few weeks ago the guys announced massive share buy back at a moment that will be defining for the future of automobiles. They don't have ideas. They're clueless. Their mind is dead!

And why should the market be encouraging this?

carlk | 11 april 2017

AI1

"Just a few weeks ago the guys announced massive share buy back at a moment that will be defining for the future of automobiles. They don't have ideas. They're clueless. Their mind is dead!"

They only go for not to loose. In the end loose is the only thing that will be left for them when Tesla is going for the big win.

Ross1 | 12 april 2017

lose

SUN 2 DRV | 12 april 2017

Carlk +1 !!

vp09 | 12 april 2017

Yes. GM and Big Auto are making the cars of the last century. Why have they no incentive to build 21st Century cars?

Madatgascar | 14 april 2017

vp09, what do you mean? Cadillac just announced SuperCruiseTM, the first true hands-free driving experience.

You can take your hands off the wheel because the car watches your eyeballs and makes sure you don't stop focusing on the road. Coming this fall, available with UltraDriveTM.

Cadillac: Dare BiglyTM

Tropopause | 14 april 2017

Thanks Mary! You always know exactly what we want.