Forums

New Feature revealed: Auto wheel and seat entry/exit

New Feature revealed: Auto wheel and seat entry/exit

Interesting, looks like Model 3 will have auto steering wheel and seat adjustments for easy entry and exit.

https://apple.news/A3KqJPi-XRL-jT9cWxsxPdg

Johnn_hardy | 19 augusti 2017

Interesting. I have owned an S for over 18 months and suggested this immediately, via the S forum. Looks like nobody at Tesla bumped it up the ladder. My 2000 Corvette had this as standard function.

Haggy | 19 augusti 2017

This is probably another case of something that people have been asking for for years, Tesla has probably had on the back burner for years, and when Tesla was getting close to releasing it, Musk responded to a tweet that Tesla will do it, as if he read the tweet, liked the idea and told his team to do it right away. It's beyond credibility that Musk was unaware that people had been asking for this for years and he would have first heard about it in a recent tweet.

Bluesday Afternoon | 19 augusti 2017

Cool! To think I'll be able to get rid of my EXIT profile. I created an EXIT profile to get out easier but when returning later to enter the car seat/mirrors/music would adjust to my preferences BUT before I got in. As Johnn_Hardy stated this request has been in the request mill even before I got my car in early 2015.

mfstorino | 19 augusti 2017

Only issue I see is for Standard Model 3, which according to a configuration screenshot will have 6 way manual seats.

gavinmcc | 20 augusti 2017

Yep...another reason to go premium model...

G

nvjx | 20 augusti 2017

I have had to program my P85 with an Exit setting. I can not get in/out without it. It will be really great if Tesla finally enables this feature. The 3 would probably need it even more than the S/X.

phil | 20 augusti 2017

Nice feature, though not new by any means, except to Tesla. My '98 Lexus moves the steering wheel automatically for exit/entry. Glad to hear this, it does make the car better.

jefjes | 20 augusti 2017

Simply Red- This is my concern also. If the car senses it's me approaching and sets things to my preference before I get in, that will be a problem. If it waits until my foot touches the brake pedal, that would be perfect for myself but may be a problem for short legged drivers. Will I have to select the exit profile on screen before I attempt to get out or will putting the car in park do it automatically? Will be interesting to see how it works out but regardless it won't affect my decision to buy unless I can't get in or out of the car.

rxlawdude | 20 augusti 2017

I wonder what activating the steering wheel, seat and mirror positioning every time the vehicle is entered and exited will do to longevity of the affected components.

gbb0131 | 20 augusti 2017

Love this on my MKC... Glad to see it coming to Tesla. Just wish i weren't giving up my cooled seats.. :-(

phil | 20 augusti 2017

rxlawdude | August 20, 2017I wonder what activating the steering wheel, seat and mirror positioning every time the vehicle is entered and exited will do to longevity of the affected components.

Nothing, so long as they are well made. It's been over 19 years for my car, never a problem.

johnse | 20 augusti 2017

@simply red

I think you could solve that problem by having a "drive" profile instead of "exit" then set your default profile as the exit settings.

noleaf4me | 20 augusti 2017

Really nice to have especially for us taller (and older) folks...