Forums

Window tint recommendations

Window tint recommendations

Just purchased a new Tesla S in midnight silver metallic. Looking for recommendations on window tint and the most compatible color.

Thanks.

Bill_75D | 19 september 2017

I'm very happy with Spectra Photosync. It cuts down on heat extremely well.

C02Free | 19 september 2017

Not sure what the brand of tint used was, but just did mine. Went with 10% in all the back and 15% in the front and it looks awesome, IMO. Didn't want the stark contrast of limo tint in the back and lighter in the front and with my setup you can hardly notice a difference but still light enough for police to see me through.

rpez021 | 19 september 2017

I just got 3M CR40 all around (except front windshield), and wish I had gotten a little bit darker. The next level darker was CR20 and that was too dark for me, plus it seemed to give off a bluish reflection that I didn't like. The installer said they could always add another level of lighter tint on top of the CR40 that would darken further, but I'm not sure I'm interested in that.

MelaniaFromBrentwood | 19 september 2017

I have same car. 3M crystalline 40 all around except front like above. Nothing else.

NomoDinos | 19 september 2017

I also used Spectra Photosync and am very happy with it. It has the best heat rejection, and also has a slight photo-chromatic effect to ease up on the darkness at night. Looks great on any color.

If you're in the LA area, highly recommend Extreme Autowerks (yes, with an e) in Cerritos, they do truly top-notch work. Our last 4 cars were done by them (including a couple wraps), and we couldn't be happier with the results.

redacted | 20 september 2017

I recommend Photosync as well, two cars, does a great job of reducing solar heat load. But please, make sure you get a really good installer. My first car was done beautifully. My second car was not.

Bill_75D | 20 september 2017

Rick at Cactus Tint in Scottsdale, AZ did mine. He does a lot of exotics, including the cars for GoDaddy founder Bob Parsons. Superb work.