Forums

Did anyone else notice a Black Model 3 in Deadpool 2?

Did anyone else notice a Black Model 3 in Deadpool 2?

Over the long weekend I saw Deadpool 2 (great movie BTW, very funny) and noticed what seemed like a Black Model 3 crashing into a street poles (towards the middle of the film during the chase scene). Was I just imagining this (maybe because I got mine just last week) or did anyone else notice the car?

Speaking of movies why aren’t there any Teslas featured in movie car chase scenes?! I mean in terms of performance they are better than most ICE cars that we see in movies so why not have the good guys chase the bad guys in a Tesla!?

jamey.winchester | 2018年5月31日

Breaking news: Autopilot engaged Model 3 crashes as Deadpool chases bad guys.

hokie_m3 | 2018年5月31日

Tesla did get a lot of coverage on Silicon Valley especially Model S and ludicrous mode :)

gmkellogg | 2018年5月31日

Spoilers, now you ruined this scene for me /s

hokiegir1 | 2018年5月31日

I saw 2 or 3 Teslas in that scene, but I thought they were all Model S. I might just have to watch it again to find out. ;)

And I think the reason there aren't more used is strictly budget. It's a lot cheaper to buy an ICE to be destroyed than it is to get an EV.

spockagain34 | 2018年5月31日

You know, I thought that was a Model 3, but I haven't seen it a second time yet to confirm. It was definitely a Tesla if nothing else though.

neylus | 2018年5月31日

"Speaking of movies why aren’t there any Teslas featured in movie car chase scenes?!"

I'm guessing for lack of the sonic component. Now that I think of it, an all Tesla "quiet" chase scene could be pretty funny without all the over-the-top sound effects movies employ.

damien666 | 2018年5月31日

@hokigir1: saw it too and I think you're right those were model S

Rykemapo | 2018年5月31日

Looked like a midnight silver Model 3. The shot starts zoomed in on the passenger side autopilot camera.

crazeycat | 2018年5月31日

Most if not all cinema companies didn't use actual cars in those chase scenes. They use a device and can create a replica of any model they choose.

https://youtu.be/lJhn1OPO3Ig

SamO | 2018年5月31日

I saw it live. The car pops up twice. Check the handles. 100% Model S.

M3Driver | 2018年5月31日

Ok I guess I’ll have to see the movie again this weekend to confirm if it was a S or 3. Another reason to take out the 3 :)

SO | 2018年5月31日

Yup! Definitely noticed the Tesla.

TeslaTap.com | 2018年5月31日

@crazeycat - Thanks for the video. I wasn't aware they were doing total vehicle replacements - very cool! It appears you still need the real vehicle for shots getting in and out of the car - perhaps that will go virtual next year.

DennySonDinny | 2018年5月31日

It was a model 3 100%. Saw it on the black market so I was able to rewind ;)

jordanrichard | 2018年5月31日

The reason you don’t see a lot of Tesla’s is the reason you see a lot of other brand cars, product placement. Car companies pay to have their cars featured in movies, plus provide cars. Tesla doesn’t do that. If you see any Tesla cars in movies or TV, it is owned by someone that is connected to the movie/tv production.

M3Driver | 2018年5月31日

@DennySonDinny thanks for the confirmation that it was a Model 3 indeed!

M3Driver | 2018年5月31日

@jordanrichard makes sense. The one other movie that I can think with a Tesla was “Gone Girl” - the car that Neil Patrick Harris’s character seems to drive is a Model S

japhule | 2018年5月31日

In Season 2 of Jessica Jones on Netflix, she punches through the hood of a Model S.

jefjes | 2018年5月31日

I thought it was a Model 3 in Deadpool 2 and I did see the Jessica Jones Model S punch also. I believe an episode of the TV series Flash had a Model X destroyed in it.

MarylandS85 | 2018年6月1日

There was a Model X functioning as a self-driving taxi in the latest season of X-Files.

M3forMe | 2018年6月1日

@jefjes - yes a Model X was in an episode of The Flash (TV series). The car got dis-assemble while moving and only the driver + seat + steering column are left at the end.

SamO | 2018年6月1日

Fiction and fanbois are the only ones who see the future.

Trekman | 2018年6月1日

Yes, that X-Files episode (season 11, #7) was titled "Rm9sbG93ZXJz", and was really scary. About a world of ever-increasing automation and artificial intelligence. The clown in the Model-X screen was especially creepy.

Hazzer | 2018年6月2日

I counted 4 M3 in that car chase.

jithesh | 2018年6月2日

@jamey.winchester LOL

M3Driver | 2018年6月2日

Saw the movie again and still noticed only a single model 3, which crashes into the street pole

janala | 2018年6月22日

My wife and I play 'spot the EV' while driving so I have this sort of 'Tesla tingle' whenever my subconscious notices one out of the corner of my eye. I got that tingle 4 times during the movie but things moved so fast I was only absolutely sure on the one that crashed into the street pole. Most of my spots were very quick and only fragments of the car shown. Maybe they had some MS and some M3? If there really were 3 or 4 Teslas, I bet it was some sort of inside joke or easter egg, perhaps because you almost never see Teslas in movies or they see them all the time where they work or maybe they just wanted to give some free advertising. Perhaps someone important on set drives one.

rxlawdude | 2018年6月22日

Man, can I have my 42 minutes back from watching that X-Files episode?

It reminded me a bit of the Twilight Zone episode with Agnes Moorehead playing a lady being harassed by a tiny flying saucer. Very little dialog. And unlike the TZ episode, there was absolutely zero true resolution or ending.

Meh. :-)

hokiegir1 | 2019年11月20日

I thought we had a general "appearances in movies/tv" thread, but this was the only one I could find. Spotted a blue with aeros Model 3 on the new Nancy Drew series recently!

https://imgur.com/a/CLKo7ax